The hackspace is your space - we don't want to put excessive rules in place but we do need to keep it clean and safe.
- Do not be on fire.
- Don't use power tools unless you've had a safety briefing on them first.
- Don't defeat or hack safety features/equipment. This is for other people's safety as much as yours.
- If in doubt, ask.
- If something is broken, fix it, don't complain.
- If you're doing something major, ask the mailing list first, but you don't need permission from directors.
- Members are allowed to store personal items in the space, but they must be kept in one of the plastic boxes, labelled with your name. One box per member.
- Larger/more items may be allowed, but please note that space is limited. You must email the mailing list first, and items should be clearly labelled as yours.
- Carefully consider the true usefulness of an item before bringing it to the space. Disposal requires effort and space is limited. Seek permission for large items.
- If you're leaving something and you would rather it was not mercilessly ripped apart, please label it accordingly.
- Likewise, if something looks expensive or useful please don't mercilessly rip it apart without asking first.
- Workbenches should be completely clean when you leave - be considerate for the next user. Please put tools back where you found them.
- Put your dirty cups and plates in the dishwasher before leaving the space.
- Any items left on a workbench overnight become fair game. Put your stuff back in your box.
- If you have engaged in any waste generating activity (e.g. peeling wires), hoover the spot.
- If you think something should be thrown out, put it in the outgoing trash box. Two weeks later the box will go in the skip.
- If something is too big to fit in the trash box, you should probably post to the list about it.
- If you want to throw something away which looks useful, make sure the mailing list is informed well in advance.