Difference between revisions of "Spacewarming Party/Planning"
m (AlisonW moved page 447 Hackney Road/Spacewarming Party/Planning to Spacewarming Party/Planning: We're now here, so drop the superfluous bit (and use of sub-pages))
|Line 124:||Line 124:|
Revision as of 23:40, 9 May 2013
Given the huge success of the barbecue on Sunday, it'd be great to do one again.
BYOB? Do we buy drinks in? Discuss.
- tesco is opposite, so ppl without who want don't have to go far, so I'd say no.
Done. I was just copying the format of the last open day/spacewarming party page, but I agree. If we're publicising, how about an eventbrite page? And meetup.com? --codeoclock (talk)) 11:54, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
Can we call in our media contacts to write up something about New Hackspace with a by-line of "Open Day this coming Saturday" etc etc closer to the time? Russ? Jonty? etc? Should we look into making some flyers to hand out at EMW too? Or are we just going to use our generic bookmark handouts that gmjhowe is making for us for MakerFaire? It'd probably be best to have both to hand out - something specific to Open Day and the more generic Hackspace bookmark/flyer. --Akki14 (talk) 14:03, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- "coming SUNDAY" not Saturday!
To better illustrate what can be done at the space?
- Beer tasting
- Arduino gadgets ?
- NJA: Paul will demo a few breadboard projects and invite people to jam. Plus I have ask our members if they can bring or lend projects.
- Tom has agreed to let us use his nice RGB LED wearable / t-shirt, it is size XXL so we need a member of same size wearing it.
- I could bring Ivan the T-Rex back... OOH he could live in Pony Corner for the night above the main entrance! :D --Akki14 (talk) 10:55, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- We could hook a projector up to a pi running Minecraft: Pi Edition and write scripts for it. Or, you know, real Minecraft. I could set up a server. It might not fit the whole social aspect of things though, having a load of people playing Minecraft on their laptops. --codeoclock (talk) 11:57, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- How has the caravan not been mentioned?! Caravan crew, is it up to it?
- Cool stuff to do with LN2 demonstrations
- Is the robot arm able to move at all?
- big signs inviting ppl to become members, plus ability to pay first month in cash on the day?
- ... ?
Pre Party todo list
- ground floor:
- fit cover
- clean all the cleaning
- shelving/and/or cupboards
- change signs to "Toilet" -done hipster
- fit air dryer
- please switch the lights off sign -done hipster
- signage: please leave lift in the basement, do NOT leave lift at the loading bay level -done hipster
- shower room:
- remove junk
- new lightbulb
- mop all the floors
- build more tables
- quiet room:
- cu outside: rewire?
- more wireing
- electronics area:
- tool audit
- order wood for door - Charles & Paddyd
- hide table tops in the lift?
- social area:
- basement :
- server corner:
- finish network cabling
- finish upstairs
- rack ibm's
- pdu thing
- hp thing
- cable management
- config switch
- rack mount switch
- power trunking:
- get cable on trunking (paddy)
- skip (some?) flooring - jonty
- distro box : alisonw will do thursday/friday
- workshops : work on them, charles
- general cleanup - charles and henry
- power terminating
- all the cleanup
- power cable running - by sunday
- fix welding screen bottom
- pcb area:
- clean up crap from old space
- empty 2 bins used for transporting stuff, move bins upstairs.
- tidy area.
- members shelving:
- get more shelving.
- get more boxes.
- first aid kit audit
- label light switches.
- mark floor fire exit area. - henry
- sort metal scrap
- more shelves etc.
- server corner: