Summer Makers Day July 2019
We're holding a "Summer Makers Day" on Saturday the 27th of July from 12:00 - 18:00.
This will be a large open day where people can have a look around the hackspace to see what we get up to, and be tempted to become members if they aren't already ;-)
We've got many of our regular members showing up specifically for this day to show case the amazing hackspace and what it has to offer:
- GB4LHS radio demo for those interested in "amateur" radio and talking with people on the other side of the planet!
- Woodwork demos in the well equipped wood working space
- A comprehensive but brief laser cutter demo
- A 6 axis robot printing demo
- See our amazing microscopic world in the biolab (via some microscopes) and chat about all things biotech, etc!
- USB morse key/challenge
- A couple of the metal bashers around to talk and demo welding, milling and turning
- Drinks ? Food ?
- Pecha Kucha - There will be a Pecha Kucha starting at 2pm in the classroom open to all members and non-members alike. Confirmed speakers include:
Maryam Ahmed: Cass M: Des Quilty: Metal Working at the Hackspace Erica Calogero: Using Rhino to design a parametric table stand and using the laser cutter and 3d printer to build it.... Nick Reynolds: Using 'maker' tech in LARP Maheemal Thilakarathne: 6 axis robot arm
What is the Hackspace?
A communal space for people who make things... because EVERYTHING has user-serviceable parts inside and we're not allowed to do this stuff in the house either.