If you have anything you no longer want, list it here, either for free, swap or sale. You can also list the things you want.
- 1 flickerz
- 2 TheHypnotist
- 3 Aden
- 4 Jonty
- 5 JamesHarrison
- 6 Artag
- 7 Mike (earthshine, not the other guy that keeps calling himself Mike)
- 8 Jim/srimech
- 9 alexs (find me on IRC)
- 10 Teabot / Elliot
- 11 AndrewBlack
- 12 Daihok (contact via email)
- 13 Alex P (creature on IRC)
- 14 alexmuller
- 15 AndyE
- 16 Paul
- 17 Chris aka Layer1gfx
- 18 Catherine aka Liedra
- 19 Martin K
- 20 Flux
- 21 Sci/Peter
- 22 PhilJones
- 23 Renski
- 24 Robert
- 25 Robin BH
- 26 Braadli
- 27 Martin M
- 28 KieranK
- 29 Daniel H
- 30 Jtreg
- 31 booyaa
- 10.1inch Asus EEEPC R101 with 60GB SSD. Looking to sell at 180quid. 1 year old. Text me at 07902115215 if interested.
swap / give away
- 7inch touch screen overlay, usb mod kit for eeepc 701 series.
I probably have other stuff, just can't think what at the moment.
Sale or Swap
- DVB-C to firewire thingy - on loan to TenYen
- DVB-S card
- IBM Thinkpad X31 with about 8 batteries, but a dodgy screen.
- Nintendo DS
- Sony PSP
- Stereo amp and speakers
- Working car or boat batteries
Sale or swap
- 2x PCI DVB-T cards
- A Dyson DC-16 handheld vacuum, with a knackered battery and no charger. Or tools.
- A crappy electric drill, at least 18V
I can pick up stuff in London and out and about via car and will gladly come scavenge stuff to save it from a skip.
Sale or Swap
- Misc servers, no disks, Celeron/P4-era, dodgy cases, not proper server-grade things
- Piles of odds and ends computer-tech wise, including some serviceable PSUs, old hard disks (some broken but still spinning, good for parts)
- Newbie-friendly computer science books (Algorithmics: The science of computing, Computer Science: An introduction amongst others)
- Odds and ends of BNC/F-type terminated 75 ohm patch cables and couplers
- Satellite signal strength meter
- Various WRT54s in need of JTAGging to debrick (G, GS variants)
- Radio receiver/scanners
- Fibre networking gear (FC HBAs, NICs, switches, disk arrays)
- Wireless/wired gear (old APs, routers, switches)
- Batteries, uninterruptable power supplies and parts/spares
- Storage equipment - old NAS boxes, tape drives, etc (nothing under 100Gb unless it's something like a 73GB/10kRPM FC/SCSI disk)
- RC/flight gear (transmitters, receivers, motors, props, ESCs, old throwaway models/TXRX pairs)
- C/Port and C/Dock for Dell C600 etc. laptops
- Digital BC17F-10 cable for RL01/02
- Small bench grinder
- Radio controlled model glider (a fairly fast slope-soarer - not a good learning plane)
Sale or swap
- Seagate Savvio 15k.1 ST973451SS 2.5" SAS hdd. Don't know if it works.
- Scroll saw
- 2 PC-5300 1GB SODIMM memory modules (removed from Dell D620)
- 3 Motorola XTN446 radios with drop-in chargers. As new.
- Datron 1051 DVM and 1220 scanner (IEEE-488)
- i-glasses by virtual IO. Stereo LCD glasses, head tracker, VGA and composite interfaces.
* I'm interested in these, drop me an email? firstname.lastname@example.org --Jonty
- Electronics testgear, working or not
- Old calculators, especially hewlett packard
Various stuff that I could bring to the space by arrangement, for temporary use (some of these are heavy and most would require a car trip so not trivial):
- Testgear - signal generators, DVMs, counters, oscilloscopes, logic analysers, spectrum analysers, LCR measurement, PSUs, current probes etc. Ask if you're looking for something.
- Mechanical - sheet folder, toggle press, die filer, power hacksaw, grinding vice, scrollsaws, MIG welder, forge/brazing hearth, bar cropper.
Mike (earthshine, not the other guy that keeps calling himself Mike)
- Pair of hifi speaker stands.
- Lots of pneumatic gear - 3x 50mm bore 300mm stroke 10 bar cylinders, lots of smaller cylinders, solenoid 3-port valves, 10 bar regulator, 11 bar and 68 bar relief valves, 2l 16 bar buffer tank. None certified/tested, used at collector's risk!
- 4x Hawker PC680 deep cycle sealed lead-acid batteries, 12V 7Ah if I recall correctly - about 8 years old but kept topped up regularly
- 0.47 and 0.1 ohm resistors, 200W
- Clockwork motor
- Lots (hundreds) of identical relays
alexs (find me on IRC)
Sale or Swap
- Assembled Peggy2 (RGBW LEDs, no ATMEGA328) (If anyone desperately wants this you can probably have it for free.)
- Various electric drills
- DeWalt chop saw
- Pneumatic nailgun + Compressor + Nails
- 20" ViewSonic LCD monitor
Some sort of OBD-II adapter. Anything fun.
- PS2 2 port KVM
Daihok (contact via email)
- 800mhz Mini-ITX Board (parralel port has been removed) (claimed by aden)
- PSONE LCD SCREEN, I would like this but I can't find your address anywhere, email@example.com
- N64 + 2 controllers
- Various size capacitors and resistors
- TI Regulator x 2 (3.3v and 5v)
- XBOX 360 mobo + Power Supply + HD Cable (useful for harvesting heatsinks and capacitors?)
- 100metres of medical grade clear plastic tubing (10m claimed by alexp (creature on IRC))
Alex P (creature on IRC)
For sale or swap
- IBM Thinkpad floppy drive. Taken from an IBM Thinkpad T20. FRU P/N 05K9206.
- Western Digital MyBook Pro 500GB. This thing tends to give me I/O errors after it's been mounted for a few days, but it's about a 50/50 chance that's down to my PC's crappy USB handling than the drive. It's got a USB2.0 and Firewire interface, so if nothing else you could use it as a smart new drive enclosure.
- Brand new Acer keyboard and mouse. Came with my Acer Aspire Revo, but I'm using it as a headless server. Both are white, and still in their packaging. The mouse is optical and has a scrollwheel; the keyboard has that flat-button style that Apple keyboards have these days. It's a little smaller than standard, but not as small as a laptop keyboard. Both are USB devices.
- Electric guitar. This thing's an undeniable clunker. The action is pretty shit, the electronics could do with a soldering iron to make the connections less dodgy, and the paint job is nasty. It is a body someone rescued from a skip and bolted a new neck to. But! If you wanted a cheap way to try out the guitar, or smash one up without spending too much, or try being a luthier, or just leave it lying around the house to impress girls – this is the guitar for you.
- 3.5" internal floppy drive.
- VGA cable.
- 2x kettle leads (power cables).
Email me if you want any of this:
- Microsoft joystick (serial port)
contact via wiki user talk page
- Matching pair of bike pedals.
Sale or Swap
- 120gig external HDD brand new with box
Chris aka Layer1gfx
Sale or Swap
- a couple of spraycans (leftovers and new) - email me to check the colors
- wireless USB German Keyboard
Free to use for all (but please don't hack)
- Scanner CanoScan LIDE 30 (USB)
- old WACOM Tablet without pen / comes with wireless mouse
Free to use for all to hack
- old Toshiba Satellite 5100 Laptop (with german keyboard)
- WACOM Graphic Tablet (used or new - please make your offer)
Catherine aka Liedra
Sale, swap, or something
nothing for sale, swap, or anything right now :-)
Sale or Swap
- 2x HP STORAGEWORKS FCA2214 Fibrechannel host adaptor cards
- Compaq StorageWorks Raid Array RA4100 for 12x SCSI SCA drives.
- AMI Megaraid Series 467 1500 2-channel SCSI RAID Controller
- 2x 1Gb RAM from a 4,1 Macbook Pro
- 1u Server B2882G28S2H, Tyan Transport GX28 with dual Opteron 2.6Ghz, 2x SATA hd's
- 2x HP Secure Web Console J3591A
- shitloads of lightbulbs!
Any musical equipment, old synths, organs (donors welcome!), audio gear, wind instruments...
Having a big clear out, expect lots of updates during late July.
Prod me on IRC (Flux42) or my talk page if anything takes your fancy.
-- Flux (Will Green)
For nothing (for now).
Sale or Swap
Make me a sensible offer and it's yours.
- Apple iPad 1 case (new and unopened) (added 2011-07-17)
- Campaign Cartographer with 2007, 2008 and 2009 Annuals (added 2011-07-17)
- Rosetta Stone Latin (version 2) (added 2011-07-17)
- Apple Aperture 2 (includes v1) (added 2011-07-17)
Mac Office 2008 Home and Student Edition (includes three licence keys) (added 2011-07-17)- claimed by a non-spacer
Garmin eTrex Summit GPS (added 2011-07-17)- nabbed by Glen in exchange for wine
Topeak ALiEN II cycle tool in case (added 2011-07-17)- nabbed by Glen in exchange for wine
- 200 Nylon spacers 8.2x12x30 (added 2011-09-03)
- SanDisk Firewire Compact Flash reader (added 2011-07-17)
- 1GB bytestor hi-speed Compact Flash card (added 2011-07-17)
- 512MB inx SD card (added 2011-07-17)
- 128MB Siemens branded USB memory stick (added 2011-07-17)
- 1GB SwordCiboodle branded USB memory stick (added 2011-07-17)
1GB Sandisk Ultra II SD card (added 2011-07-17)- claimed by Katie (tajasel)
ZTE MF627 3G modem without sim (may be locked to Three) (added 2011-07-17)- yoinked by ms7821
Amiga CD32 - in working order. Bought off eBay a few years back, but don't have the space so reluctantly giving away. (Added 2011-04-13)- Ten Yen has bagsied.
Software & Media
- Many 90s PC games on CD including Dungeon Keeper, Creatures, Dune II, Sim City, Riven, Myst and Alpha Centauri (added 2011-07-17)
- Microsoft Office 95 CD with licence (added 2011-07-17)
- BBC R&D Makes It Happen DVD (added 2011-07-17)
- Quake III Gold for Mac (added 2011-07-17)
- Myst III Exile for Mac/Windows (added 2011-07-17)
- Rise of Nations Gold Edition for PC (added 2011-07-17)
- Amiga Forever 2006 Premium Edition (added 2011-07-17)
- Balder's Gate II for Mac (added 2011-07-17)
- Black & White Platinum Pack for Mac (added 2011-07-17)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther with Xcode install CDs (added 2011-07-17)
- Mac OS X 10.1 Developer tools CD (added 2011-07-17)
Turbo Pascal 7.0 floppy disk set (added 2011-07-17)- claimed by AJP
Railway Tycoon 3 for Mac (added 2011-07-17)- claimed by Katie (tajasel)
(updated April 10th, 2011)
- Petrol strimmer motor (Sabre s2045), functional
- Front steering rack from childs ride-on electric car, & rear axle (no motors)
- Nikko Zephyr remote control boat. Needs 40Mhz remote control. 19" long, 6" wide. Internal electronics present but untested. Good base for water-born robot?
- I'll take this! -- Jonty
- 2.5Kg "Kontrol" moisture control crystals, unopened. Refill pack.
- Stout insulated box with tap, cool box or drinks container. Good for BBQ?
- ~26" bicycle wheels
- Pair Rigida SafetyLine Zac 2000, front & rear, 36h, eyeleted nipple-holes, black with machined braking surfaces, quick release axles, front fitted with disk brake hub, rear with 6-speed cassette. Decent condition, little rust on cassette, minor scrape on rear rim, tyre on front only. £25 ono.
- Pair plain unbranded aluminium rim wheels, 36h, quite light, rim-brake wear line, bolt up axles, tyre on rear only, 6-speed cassette, some rust on front spoke nipples, staggered placement. £15 ono.
- Unbranded front wheel with Promax hub disk-brake fitting, 36h, immaculate rim, black, very fluted profile, quick-release axle missing. Offers.
- Alexrims ASD-1 rear wheel, 32h, black but with rim-wear line, 7-speed cassette, disk-brake fitting, some light nipple corrosion, otherwise very good condition, quick-release axle missing. Offers.
- Cat 5e ethernet cable, partial 1000ft reel (estimate half left), yellow. Offers.
- Parvalux 240v mains motor with right-angle reduction gearbox. From keycutting machine, though also used on ball-grinding mills. 10lbs/inch torque, 540rpm output. £30 ono.
- Any analogue oscilloscope that actually works
- Lightweight bicycle handlebars
- Bicycle tools
(Updated : 21/April)
I have an old laptop which doesn't work. The repair shop thinks the motherboard is bent / flexed which has probably broken memory or graphics card connection. I've taken the hard drive, but if anyone has any use for the rest of it (eg. screen?) it's yours.
- Guppies, Tropical Fish which breed like crazy. Take them for pets, humane bio hacking (Guppies make excellent test subjects for studying evolution and artificial selection), or live feed for something else. Update: None right now, the new angel fish went nom, nom, nom.
- I've two copies of Portal 1 which I can give to other Steam users which came free when I bought a twin pack for portal 2.
- A steam copy of Shattered Horizons, which came free with a motherboard
- Loads of spare computing cables (USB, Kettle Power Cables, Sata, etc)
- Loads of spare capacity for web hosting/other internet facing services. Might be free for the right kind of non-profit project.
- I have one of bytemarks AMD Athlon II X2 240e (2.8GHz), with extra ram, HDD space, and a /28
Old PCs and XBOX have now been thrown away, TV has been recycled.
- A small network hub (not a switch!), preferably a three or four port unpowered passive hub, but i'll take anything
- some four pin internal speakers (the internal post beep speakers)
- SATA Tape Drives + Tapes
- Large SATA Hard Drives (> 1TB)
- 2m VHF Radio, either a handheld or base station would do
- A Fiber to UTP converter
- Goodmans ACC2011 Uni-directional microphone
- Belkin F5D7000 Wireless G desktop network card
- Linksys WUSB54GS-UK Wireless-G USB network adapter
- Active XP-5550A A5 pen table
- Philips DVP3005 DVD player
- 2-source VGA video switch
1 x 1960's portable record player, drive belt missing believed dead.
1 x Prinztronic Tournament II "deluxe" (Pong type game). Works fine. Will give only to loving home.
1 x small black and white TV - suitable for the playing of above game, or watching the Antiques Roadshow.
1 x 18" x 10"x 10" fishtank
Sale or swap
1 x Panasonic Fz-20 digital camera - would like £40 for, or will swap a "wanted item"
1 x 1951 "all-steel" Raleigh women's bike - works, bar the highest gear (hub gear needs stripping and rebuilding, or replacing). Would lilke £80 for.
Small hand-pulled letterpress or book press
Lepai TA2020 digital audio amp - http://minirig.org.au/2009/05/08/hot-rodding-the-lepai-ta2020/
Would love a pH meter if anybody has one (for the hackspace)
- Coleman camping propane (~16oz, one full tank, one about half full)
Free to use for all (but please don't hack - ask and I'll bring them to the space)
- Denon DVD player with SDI out (+SDI cabling)
- Osprey 540 (I think) PCI capture card, SDI in and possibly other things. Notably doesn't work on Linux (yet)
- Lexmark 3200 printer (barely used but never got black working)
- P5N32-SLI Premium
- ASRock K7S41 (with cpu & fan)
- Apple G3 Case
- Artic silver case with PSU
- Probably-dead XFX 8800GTS 640 XXX
- 2 Hauppauge DVB-T PCI cards
- PS3 single lens blu ray drive (KES-400AAA)
Drive for an old 240X ThinkPad like a 2.5" wide size one The one in the machine is a Fujitsu 40Gb but its dead
If not I will swap the 240X and a 240 with broken screen for parts to supplement my Arduino (leds etc)
contact via email
Broken Microwave (free)
does anyone have need of a broken microwave (it don't heat and the timer sticks at 5 minute spot).
if you're handy it could be repaired, but i'm not and the parts and labour would've exceeded the cost of the microwave (bought it 8 years ago for something daft like £25).
everything else works i.e. lamp and turn table. not sure if it could be salvaged for parts.
if interested, you'll need to collect from surbiton. weighs about 15kgs
plan on taking it to the recycling station in two weeks time (posted on 19th of Sept)
contact via email or twitter (see profile for deets)
Model railway set
I will take anything, incomplete broken etc. Hornby compatible would be fab, but I'm not choosy.
contact via email or twitter (see profile for deets)