Possible new home of London Hackspace, open for hacking from sometime in July 2018 to at least July 2020. At more than 8500 sq ft over three floors, it reflects an optimistic opportunity to use space effectively.
This is the initial landing point for the space. Lots of Improvements to do is a list of improvements for long-term hacking in the space.
388 High Road
(Google Map Location)
Lat: 51.5539537 Long: -0.2920435
When to Visit
If you haven't visited London Hackspace before, you should drop by on one of our Tuesday open evenings to get a tour around the space. The front door will be open then, and we'll give you a tour and let you know how to join as a member.
If you can't make Tuesday
There are usually people in the space during the daytime (afternoon/evening is better). You are quite likely to get in, but you can't rely on it. If the shutter is down at the front, try the back gate. If you didn't manage to get a tour, pop onto the List to arrange a day when you can be shown the ropes. Drop-in access outside of the regular Tuesday visitor time is not guaranteed.
The London Hackspace is located on Wembley's busy High Road which is known to have a high bike theft rate. If you are planning to bring a bike it is recommended you lock it in the car park, for which we can provide access. Cable locks - even thick ones - are an invitation to bike thieves. It's safer to use a D-lock or separate lock and chain.
Please remember that the London Hackspace is a public environment, especially on Open Evenings, and you should exercise common sense in looking after and securing your valuables.
The rear door (and the inner front door, when it's open) are locked using Doorbot. Members can open the door using a registered Oyster or other RFID card.
- There are several cashpoint/ATMs within two blocks west of Ujima House.
- Many restaurant and takeaway options nearby
- Many transport options nearby such as
- National Rail, London Overground and London Underground Stations: Wembley Stadium, Wembley Central, Wembley Park
- There are many nice Pubs close by:
- Kebab Nightmares on Guzzler Street - Fill me out please
- Poundland is nearby
- Supermarkets, DIY, etc.
- Second Visit Picture Archive - Basic Unsorted Archive of Photos detailing Property
- Brent Council Real Estate Listing - Should be archived as it may disappear?