Difference between revisions of "User:Eithin/Fundraising Auction"
(Created page with "OK, two possibilities for timing. Either we can do it beforehand to raise money for the move, or we can do it afterwards, maybe in the new space, to refill our reserves again....")
Revision as of 00:17, 9 January 2013
OK, two possibilities for timing. Either we can do it beforehand to raise money for the move, or we can do it afterwards, maybe in the new space, to refill our reserves again.
- Targeting. H2H (hacker to hacker), gadget-shop type stuff, art objects, ephemera.
- Write spec & acceptance procedure for lots.
- Decide on a bidding procedure.
- Scrounge up a hall. Meanwhile space would be ideal, if there's anywhere suitable. Otherwise, donations.
- Solicit lots: existing objects/vouchers/commissions/comedy lots.
- Arrange an auctioneer. I can do it, but would be better off doing floor management.
- Find a band for the afterparty and a band/performer for the walkin. Be careful with styles. Possibly also walkabout entertainers.
- Re: entertainment, having some personable hackers demonstrating Stuff would be nice. Also posters.
- Arrange a source (or several sources) of alcohol. The Milton Brewery would do very nicely, possibly also Alchemist Dreams. (NB: Alcohol license. TENable.)
- Publicity. Social media, miniposter campaign, WOM.
- Hold a raffle as well - it's a good way of monetizing other stuff, and more usefully it encourages people to stay & feel invested. Once you get them reaching into their pocket for £1, they're more likely to bid.
- Sell Hackspace souvenirs, particularly ones that don't require pre-investment on our part. Probably easiest to go through Awesome Merchandise or similar.