The London Video Hack Space is a place to share ideas, thoughts, knowledge, technologies, processes and aesthetics on video. We welcome artists, engineers, students, and everyone interested in any video technology !!!
To make sure you're updated on what is going on please follow us on our new website http://www.videohackspace.org/
NEXT EVENT: TUESDAY 18th December 7pm @Juno, Shoreditch (in the Basement)
The presentation of the Group will take place at 7Pm @ Juno (Shoreditch) https://www.facebook.com/events/521022757917275/
Discussion on how to setup the Group will follow during the evening. Any suggestion is welcome. The event is hosted by VJ London https://www.facebook.com/groups/92517015792/?fref=ts it's a relaxed monthly meeting, there will be some A/V performance until 23.30 https://www.facebook.com/events/463555757029542/.
The event is free and open to everyone, when entering the Juno go downstairs into the basement and search for a big screen !!!
These are the main areas of interest identified so far, any suggestion/idea is very welcome :
- Video / Photo cameras
- Filming techniques
- Direction and editing
- Codecs and compressions algorithm
- Real time video (generative and loop based)
- A/V synchronization
- Motion capturing
- Video software (After Effects/Cinema4d/Resolume/Modul8/Arkaos/VDMX/Syphon/Quartz)
- Green screen
- Interactive design
- Midi / Osc with physical or touch interfaces
- Gestures, body and facial recognition
- Video Journalism
There is a dedicated mailing list to discuss our activities.
Follow us on Twitter @VideoHackSpace
Follow us on Facebook Videohackspace Group
Follow us on Google+ VideoHackSpace Page
Meetings and workshops
Meetings take place every TDB from 7pm onwards. They are usually happening TBD.
- Next event: MONDAY 17th December 7pm in London Hackspace's quiet room
Agenda TBC soon
For the latest events visit VideoHackSpace Events Page
- Onyx-vj - Free vj software multiplatform
- Syphon - Syphon is an open source Mac OS X technology that allows applications to share frames - full frame rate video or stills - with one another in realtime
- FLXER Not only an AV mixing, free software but the biggest community platform for video artists, VJs and visual performers
Create a profile using this template and add yourself below
Creative Commons Licensed Samples
Mechanical muscle-activity pickup for instrument control.
Theory & Tutorials
This wiki provides thorough reviews of the main types of sensing technologies used in musical applications, as well as tutorials on building sensor interfaces.