We try and hold at least one talk at our monthly hack evenings, and we also want to start running more involved workshops at our space. If you want to give one of these, or you've got a suggestion, this is the place to let us know.
If you can give a workshop talk, put it here:
- Intro to Brewing Beer -- Andy "Bob" Brockhurst & Russ
- Contributing to an open source project -- Krunch / Jonty / ?
- SystemTap -- Krunch
- general Linux kernel debugging-foo (reading an oops, looking around in a vmcore,...) -- Krunch
- general Linux applications debugging-foo (strace, gdb,...) -- Krunch
- Introduction to Hardware Hacking/Arduino incl live demo -- Andy "Bob" Brockhurst
- Introduction to Amazon AWS Services - S3, EC2, SimpleDB, etc. using boto -- Rlotun 11:13, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
- Introduction to asynchronous network programming in Python using Twisted -- Rlotun 11:16, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
- Introduction to Max/MSP -- Anil
- HTML/CSS for beginner/intermediate -- Davids | Chris Adams
- Microformats for beginners - Phae
- Servo programming with Arduino -- Michael Margolis
- Meta Workshop - Tips for a successful workshop. PaulR.
- Ruby and Sinatra for Beginners --James Harrison 16:27, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
If you've got an idea for a talk/workshop you want to hear, put it here:
- Linux workshops for beginners/intermediate
- Using it as a desktop
- Using it as a server
- Transitioning to linux
- Ruby for beginners -- (Max? Chris Adams)
- Would be happy to do this --JamesHarrison 21:49, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
- Perl for beginners -- (Ashb?)
- QT/C++ for beginners -- (Jono?)
- Decent beginner electronics workshop (probably one or two half-days at the space) -- Russ 10:40, 12 January 2010 (UTC)
- A workshop on effectively using the scope/logic analyser we have
- Introduction to Mercurial (We did one for Git, it's only fair)
- Introduction to Circuit Bending
- Basic soldering lessons always go down well
- Python for beginners
- I might be willing to do this, as I'm possibly already doing the same thing elsewhere sometime soon, and so running the same thing will be easy enough - Tom Parker
- RDF / Linked Data - help getting up the learning curve, and intro on public sector and other good hackable data
- Programming for beginners, i.e. What are Ruby/Perl/QT/C++/Python, what do you use them for, how powerful are they, what do they run on, how easy are they to learn, what do they share?
- W.I.N.E Beginners to intermediate. Installation, use, debugging, installing windows programmes and games.
- Displaying Open Street Map within webpages. Openlayers and related technologies
- Vim magic spells' exchange