Difference between revisions of "Workshops/hackthemedia"
(Series of workshop on DIY practical media)
Revision as of 18:53, 7 July 2011
Hack the Media workshops
A proposed series of weekly practical workshops on DIY video media. Here are some ideas about subjects I'd love to cover and get people involved in.
- techniques and technologies for better use of the tools in your pocket for video journalism. Mobile phone steady cameras, how to plug an external mic in a mobile phone, better camera apps etc...
- how to make a journalistic video report with a mobile phone. Hands on video story-telling.
- video CMS hack day, liferay, JWplayer, and open-source video/conversation embedding widgets.
- Geek film screening, what makes a good geek film?
- repairing/fixing video equipment.
- Opensource video editing tools.
- What are the best toys/tools? The world of spy gadgets, remote controlled helicopter camera drones, pen cameras etc. with an overview of the legal issues.
- The solar vagabond. Move your office to a beach or mountain-top far away from the power lines and keep connected.
- Starsuckers and hacking the mainstream, spoofing and sleight of hand and other black/white hat mainstream media spoofing techniques.
List open to suggestions and comments.