Not Just Arduino
This is the wiki for "Not Just Arduino", a user group meeting every 2 weeks for people who want to learn, share and experiment on all microcontrollers.
- Our next event will be on the 20th of May 7PM at the new hackspace: 447 Hackney Road E2 9DY
- Read the report on our last event
Past workshops documentation
- Documentation on the Arduino Clone workshop by Michael Margolis on 9th May:
- Video of Michael's talk on bootloaders can be found here, plus photo of talk and software cloner here.
- Solder stencil / toaster oven SMT with Arduino clone boards
- PCB / etching workshop run by Eugene
- Building an active user group around Arduino and micro-controllers
- Organise workshops and talks where we can all share and learn skills
- Bi-monthly events where we can bring our projects demo them and / or get help
- Next event: MONDAY 8th April at 7PM in London Hackspace's quiet room
|1||8th October 2012|
|2||22nd October 2012|
|3||5th November 2012|
|4||19th November 2012|
|5||3rd December 2012|
|6||17th December 2012|
|7||14th January 2013|
|8||28th January 2013|
|9||11th February 2013|
|10||25th February 2013|
|11||11th March 2013|
|12||25th March 2013|
|13||8th April 2013|
|14||6th May 2013|
Skills that the group has or are happy to share.
|Name||Electronic Skills||Programming Skills||Platform||Prepared to mentor|
|Dean||Basic||Learning Basic's||Arduino||Yes - Set Up in Windows|
|TheHypnotist||Analogue-basic, Digital-medium||C mostly now||os/Linux ARM/Atmega328/MSP430||Yes|
|Ulisses||Basic||Advanced (C like)|
|Shane||Basic||basic C,||Will try|
|Mentar||Analogue-basic, Digital-medium||Arduino, C, C++, S4A||Arduino, AVR, PIC||Yes|
|TimS||Basic||C, Make||ATMega326 (AVR)||Yes|
|Riccardo||Basic||Arduino, Programming, Basic C,||Arduino||Can try|
|brendan||Basic||Very basic||Arduino||Can try|
|Dave||KISS digital, copy analogue||Good C, C++;||Arduino, AVR||Sure|
|Robert||Basic||Basic C||Arduino UNO|
|Bradley Wood||Basic||Intermediate||Arduino UNO, Pro Mini, et al, MacOSX||Yes|
|Name||I would like coaching support in||At Level|
|Add Your Details here||??||??|
Training will be determined by the needs of the user group meetings. Members of our group will offer mentoring, though we might find some kind of trade system (skill-share, beers, travel-cost...). We need to be able to provide a mentor during sessions to help those who have difficulty getting off the ground - without tying the mentors up too much. Beginners will help each other and when progress will take over some part of the training.
Each project should be listed here, to source help and document what they have done/learned: if not documented directly it does not exist.
Let's work as a group on a micro-controller project!
We're using this project as a learning platform for the new Not Just Arduino members.
>>>> Please add your links, suggestions, code, specs on the project page
Please list here your projects using micro-controllers here
- Weather Station - to feed into openweather map and cosm (Deanforbes)
- Sousvide Water Bath - Precision water heater using PID controller (Deanforbes)
- Kinect Robotic Arm - with 3D "Vision" - Have Arduino and Raspberry Pi control a robotic arm and have input from Microsoft Kinect's infrared depth sensor to guide the arm to pick stuff User:Ulisses
- Build a simple ethernet driven relay (2x) - anyone wanting to join in is welcome, we will learn the basics as we go along User:Dariomolinari
- With basic electronic-circuit training (printing, etching, soldering), would eventually like to build a Nanode User:Dariomolinari
- 1-wire iButton decode User:Dariomolinari
- Object detection - begin with RFID and then go on to explore other options with longer ranges (Kieron)
- Autonomous Rover Project - a robot that can put out a room and plug itself in to a power socket (ambitious)
- I attempted to interface a microcontroller and a timed mains outlet and let out the blue smoke - it's on my User page. User:TheHypnotist
- Build a self-balancing robot example- anyone who wants to join is welcome (Riccardo)
- Motion-sensing greeting bot (brendan)
- LED cube controller (brendan)
- remote-controlled hot air balloon/zeppelin (Qpnaosc)
- Skype LED board status notifier (Marc)
- RFID Reader & Writer : RFID module Kit 13.56 Mhz SPI Write and Read For Arduino (Necati )
- 434Mhz RTTY transmitter Transmits text over the air and is picked up by software defined radio, would like some help with taking it further.
- Harry Potter Clock - A christmas gift for my girlfriend, uses Arduino, Raspberry Pi and a USB modem to 'magically' point to where I am. It's finished now but I wrote up my experiences and the design of it on my website if anyone's interested in reading about it and learning from my mistakes! (Alastair)
- Using AVR-GCC, Make and AVRDude i.e. progamming Arduino's using C instead of being reliant upon the Arduino IDE.
- Using hardware programmers.
- Graphical Programming for Arduino see "Interesting Links" below
The Hackspace library has some decent Arduino books:
- Arduino Cookbook
- Beginning Arduino - By Hackspace member Mike McRoberts (Earthshine)
- Arduino Playground
- Ladyada Arduino
- TronixStuff Arduino Tutorials
but please add here suggestions.
Add your links here with a small description.
Alternative platform for Arduino
Raspberry Pi breakout boards
Graphical Programming for Arduino