June2014 open day
The London Hackspace is a non-profit, community-run hackerspace in central London. We provide a space where people who make things can come to share tools and knowledge. Our massive space in Bethnal Green has electronics kit, a laser cutter, 3D printers, metal- and wood-working tools, knitting and craft equipment, beer brewing kit, and much more!
On the first of June we'll be opening our doors to show off our space. Come by if you're thinking of becoming a member, if you want to see what London Hackspace is about, or if you just want to have a drink and a chat. We'll have:
- A bar serving beer from Truman's and Milton, as well as soft drinks - all proceeds go to London Hackspace.
- A BBQ in our yard.
- Liquid Nitrogen ice cream (until we run out of liquid nitrogen).
- Amateur Radio Demonstrations
- The spaceship simulator LHS Bikeshed will be running all day. Be prepared to explode.
- Brewing beer, outside in the loading bay.
- DIY Electronics projects, robots and toys by the Not Just Arduino group
- Lathe Working in the Metal Shop
...and more to be announced!
June 1st 2014, 12:00-23:00
447 Hackney Road, London E2 9DY
Everyone is welcome, members and non-members - bring a friend or two!
No need to RSVP - just turn up, but if you're interested there's a Facebook event.