Reverse Engineering Laser Software
The laser software by Leetro is bad, we need to know about the .mol file that is created by it so we can create our own in some fashion. Also if it does anything fancy when it downloads itself via USB.
The software is available here. Please scan this with antivirus software before use.
There is a special patched version that cannot currently (but hopefully one day) will be useful for exploring .mol files on babbage in EB4890's folder.
- Note that this says there's software bounds protection with firmware versions 188.8.131.52 or above (once origin is set)
- Firmware for MPC6515 controller (and LaserCut software again)
- the firmware is in the "And tools update" .rar file
- the above, translated by google
- Has comments on the .ini file settings
- Documentation for the MPC03 (previous version, we're MPC05) with .ini file info
- DSP chip and compiler. See also, GDB toolchain. These chips are end-of-line, but were supported by GCC up to 4.2.
Current State of work
- Some knowledge of the .MOL format
- A .TXT to .MOL compiler based on the DLL (runs under Wine)
- A .MOL parser using python and construct
- USB driving software that allows us to tell the laser cutter to run box, etc.
Currently to do
- Figure out DXFs - A python to dxf to pdf converter might be useful. It seems to have got swallowed by by gaping maw of broken links. I've not found a stand alone parser.
- Figure out which parts of the TXT file correspond to which function calls, so we know how to generate meaningful TXT files.
- More work on .Mol files?
Initial Analysis of .mol file
See MOL file format for description of MOL file format
See USB protocol for description of the upload/download protocol.
Random Links that may be useful
Works for VID 0548, PID 1005. Description of the device is EZ-USB (68013A), which is basically a serial interface.