Project:Dry Ice Projects
We want to make cool stuff with dry ice.
This place will do a 10kg delivery for £44 including VAT and Delivery. http://www.eskimo-ice.co.uk/DryIce/ I think the majority of the ideas below need the dry ice in pelleted form, except the frozen bubbles, fog layer and cloud chamber which could use the 1kg blocks. We should ask if we can have a mixed 10kg delivery of 3-4kg blocks and the rest as pellets (which will sublimate faster anyway so we end up with less to dispose of).
Silly Science Tuesday!
- Cool things to do with dry ice http://chemistry.about.com/b/2012/03/05/cool-things-to-do-with-dry-ice.htm
- daft cocktails, ice cream and radioactive cloudchamber stuff
CO2 bombSuch things are now a banable offence. - Sci, 28th may, 2013
- cover the floor in a layer of fog :D
- Dry Ice Rocket
- Frozen bubbles on dry ice http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howtos/a/aa012004.htm
- How to make a giant bubble using dry ice http://chemistry.about.com/od/dryiceprojects/a/dryicebubble.htm
- Make your own rootbeer with dry ice http://www.continentalcarbonic.com/dryice/rootbeer.php
- I have birch beer extract which we can possibly use -Akki
- flash-freeze non-newtonian shapes on speakers
- dry ice down the toilets No. - Akki :P
- can we use the dry ice to overclock Babbage? (or probably another old PC)
- Silly Science Sundaes with dry ice ice cream (needs to be pellets and then crushed up in a clean tea towel re: Heston)
- cockcicles! http://www.instructables.com/id/Cocktail-Popsicles-aka-Cocksicles/ will have to modify for dry ice use.
- Fizzy Fruit
- Shock Freezing Chocolate. Probably better with liquid nitrogen. Deep-chill/freeze a metal tray then drizzle melted chocolate onto it. The drizzle sets softly so you can pick it up and mould it around things.