Pledge: Shapeoko 2 - desktop CNC full kit
We are looking at purchasing a Shapeoko v2 for the space from MakerSlide. Pledge opened: 26 October 2013
Pledge leader: Antaeus?
The Shapeoko 2 is a simple, low cost, open source CNC milling machine kits that can be built over a weekend. This is version 2 of the fastest selling CNC machine in the history of the world. There is also further information about the machine, kits, kit contents and other things on this Inventables blog post. The machine as a whole is accurate but needs a good motor/chuck for the flexibility of what cutters can be used.
See this thread on London Hackspace mailing list.
- A decent spindle motor and chucks, e.g. Dewalt DW660
- Drilling/cutting/grinding bits
- Dust extraction, £43 example
- Mech kit etc. from a RepRap supplier on ebay
- MakerSlide, currently have the kits without MakerSlide (the aluminum extrusion for the wheels to roll on). Nigel Worsley has offered to donate some.
Rough budget estimation
- eShapeoko 2 - £250 + delivery
- Dewalt DW660 - £114 + delivery
- Drilling/cutting/grinding bits - £50 + delivery
- First4Spares Debris Collector & Vacuum Cleaner Blower For Ash Collection - £42-99 + delivery
Total approximately £475 including delivery
- £10 - Rob Kam - confirmed 7th Feb 2014
- £20 - Renato Lopes
- £20 - Dave Mansfield confirmed 20140207
- £20 - Colin Cooper confirmed 20140207
- £20 - Dean Forbes
- £20 - Chris Wilkinson
- £100 - Saif Bunni ...[AW]'What a Legend!'
- £20 - Antaeus Wheatley
- £20 - Tom Hodder
- £25 - Brendan Sleight
- £20 - David Walters
- £20 - Adrian Godwin
Running total: £315
Approximate target: £475