Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
- Do Not Hack (Hackspaces Documentary) - Mini-documentary by Tomasso Stingo featuring LHS prominently
- Evening Standard - "Biohackers: meet London's living synths who are implanting microchips into their own bodies"
- East London Lines - London Biohackspace: a link between science and the public
- 3ders.org - 3D printed InMoov 'Robot For Good' meets Prince Andrew, heading to London Zoo in 2016
- Southgate Amateur Radio News - London Hackspace win RSGB Club of the Year
- Sheffield Hardware Hackers - London Hackspace Visit
- The Startup Magazine: EMPOWERING A GENERATION OF MAKERS: MAKERSPACES IN THE CAPITAL
- Hackerspace Tours: London Hackspace - Hackaday blog
- Vice - The DIY Neuroenhancers Hacking Their Brains With Electricity - Vicki Turk tries tDCS
- An RV converted into a spaceship simulator - incidental mention in article on the van
- Disabled Rights UK visits London Hackspace - a delegation of advocates for the disabled visit LHS and discuss accessibility concerns and learn about Hackerspaces.
- Mentioned in timeout "Things we love in London".
- Großbritannien will wieder Industrieland werden
- Che Futuro! - Nel London Hackspace, quel martedì sera di ordinaria creatività
- Goodbye Mr Silva — Now It’s Time To Test Tech City Yourself name check as Mike Butcher talks about himself
- Imperial's Science magazine - Biohackers Unmasked quite dated article on the biohackers
- London Calling - Welcome To The London Hackspace nice description after the party
- Metro US - World’s largest 'hackspace' launches in London on spacewarming
- Tech City News - Biggest Hackspace in Europe opens new headquarters on Hackney Road on spacewarming
- Washington Post - Boing Boing’s Cory Doctorow on ‘Homeland’, printed guns and heart hacking, "Hackerspaces are amazing. My hackerspace in London is upstairs from me. Although they are moving to a bigger space. They discovered that they forgot what bank account subscription fees were going into. They had been paying out of other revenues and they realized they were rich. So, they are moving to a bigger space. On the plus side, sometimes the vent hood for the laser cutter doesn’t work. And I discovered that as I become dizzy and realize that my office is filled with toxic fumes."
- Private Eye cartoon by David Ziggy Greene (see right)
- Timeout mention in their alphabet of big things for 2013, under "H for Hacking".
- Evening Standard - Homegrown in Hackney
- A hackspace in London is mentioned in Cory Doctorow's young-adult novel "Pirate Cinema": "And rule number one was 'Don't be on fire.' Which struck me as eminently sensible."
- Gizmodo more golf.
- Wired Tom Scotts Portal/Crystal Maze Mini Golf.
- Make blog - Tom's dirty washing detector
- Hacktivists in the frontline battle for the internet - Hackspace mentioned
- Hackspace: Open source workshops for open minded thinkers -
dubious fact checking and photo copyright issuesfixed
- Where can I experiment with 3D printing and making my own hardware?
- Maker-Spaces: Three Englishmen Forging A New Form of Capitalism
- MightOhm writes about Rule 0.
- Kinect Projects - The First 5 months. Jonny Chung-Lee (of Wiimote/Kinect fame) features Tom's iPod ad, and the tesla coils.
- 5-minute documentary project by Tom Lynch
- Dangerous Prototypes - Nanode: networked Arduino node
- ORG Zine covers Maker Faire, with a section on us, and a call-out to join Hackerspaces
- Coverage of the MakerFaire Tesla + Kinect hack:
- Gizmodo - This Kinect Hack Puts Supervillan Electricity At Your Fingertips
- Engadget - Kinect hacked to control Tesla coils from a safe distance
- MAKE: Blog - Kinect + Tesla Coils: Those Fools At The Academy Laughed At You…
- Adafruit - Hacked Kinect controls Tesla coils – INCREDIBLE!
- My Fox Houston - Controlling Tesla Coils with Xbox Kinect
- Hackaday - The Evil Genius Simulator: Kinect Controlled Tesla Coils
- Wired - Showtime: Kinect hack with Tesla coils
- PC World - Evil Genius Simulator Puts Electrical Control in Your Hands
- Redmond Mag - 7 Amazing Microsoft Kinect Hacks (slightly embellished)
- Little boing boing pimpage.
- Londonist - 'London Hackspace Open Day'.
- World Business Report - 3D Printing - Featuring Russ and Sol's beard.
- The same by the guys who did it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Wu92PAi0c#t=4m05
- Techcrunch - name dropped by Mike Butcher
- Dragon's Den - featured as a workshop 18:38
- The Hackers of Hackney - Student magazine article
- ‘Urban campuses’ fire London’s tech hotbed - mentioned in passing
- David Cameron launches Tech City Map - apparently we're in an app now
- Interview on Radio 4 - with Morris & Nick R
- Comment is Free - plug
- Publishers Weekly - 'Zen and the Art of Self-Publishing' - A tiny plug by Cory.
- Ubuntu UK podcast - Jonty interview, talking about what a hackspace is
- BBC News / Technology - 'Hackspaces get closer to home' - Mentions Laboratory 24, some Jonty quotes.
- BBC Outriders Blog & Podcast - 'Make and Do' (Audio) - interview and photos
- Londonist - 'Spacewarming @ Hackspace'
- Makezine blog - 'London Hackspace spacewarming party' - announcing the event.
- New Scientist - 'Rise of the replicators' - Russ / Makerbot / Hackspace.
- Evening Standard - 'The humble home printer comes of age - in 3D' - Jonty / Hackspace / Makerbot.
- BBC News Magazine - 'DIY gadgetry' - Hackspaces / Jonty's colour changing lamp.
- BBC Radio 4 - 'How to Write An Instruction Manual' (Audio mirror). - Hackspaces / Interviews with many of the attendees / Jonty rambling.