Phil has a load of old radio dispatchers consoles lying around, they look like an interesting basis for a number of projects.
whats in the box
- A sloping front solidly constructed box in an attractive institution green colour.
- 30 buttons, in a group of 8, one of 9, a big red button and the rest in a numeric keypad with * and #.
- 32 leds between the buttons.
- a speaker.
- 3 x potentiometers.
- a 2x16 lcd screen with standard HD47780 controller (not 100% sure it's 2x16, i've not tried it yet).
- cnc machine interface.
- electronic music sequencer/drum machine, or other musical device.
- pretty much anything that needs a good solid control desk.
(we can fairly eaisly make new labels using the laser cutter).
(for an mbed, but it's plain C).
The Key/led board is connected by an 8 pin connector, using the colors of the cable as a guide the pinout is:
orn common led anode (i.e. +5V) blk Ground prp 2a buttons pl blu 4a common clock red +5V grn 3a serial data for the leds wht 1a led strobe yel 5y from buttons data (output from the board)
There are 32 leds, the bits are:
0-15 : first 4 colums, botton to top, left to right 16: single to right of the brb 17: single, botton left. 18,19: pair on right, 18 is top 20-31: 3 blocks of 4 in the middle, starting at the right, top down.
The buttons are:
#define CH7 0x00000001 #define KEY_HASH 0x00000002 #define CH6 0x00000004 #define CH5 0x00000008 #define CH4 0x00000010 #define CH3 0x00000020 #define CH2 0x00000040 #define CH1 0x00000080 #define TAPE 0x00000100 #define B_CAST 0x00000200 #define CONN 0x00000400 #define T_T 0x00000800 #define MON 0x00001000 #define SEL 0x00002000 #define LS 0x00004000 #define TEL 0x00008000 #define KEY_5 0x00010000 #define KEY_4 0x00020000 #define KEY_3 0x00040000 #define KEY_2 0x00080000 #define KEY_1 0x00100000 #define BRB 0x00200000 /* actually PTT, but i prefer Big Red Button */ #define FUNC 0x00400000 #define CTCSS 0x00800000 #define KEY_6 0x01000000 #define KEY_0 0x02000000 #define KEY_STAR 0x04000000 #define KEY_9 0x08000000 #define KEY_8 0x10000000 #define KEY_7 0x20000000
When you read in the button bits and the result with 0x3fffffff to ignore the unused bits.