Difference between revisions of "User:Samthetechie"
m (added picture)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 14:16, 30 November 2013
Samuel Carlisle BEng (Hons) Dunelm MIET
Fingerprint: 9E01 D8A4 CFEB ED72 B0D2 70D7 1D57 A297 5482 8CAA
- Working on CnC Torch Table at Hablab, Factor e Farm, OSE
- (Engineering Design) Highly spec'd hexayurt
- (Writing) A book about Hacker Nomadism
- (Lifestyle Hacking) Exploring a new City and culture in Berlin
- (Environment Hacking) Mitigating against Sick Building Syndrome (SBS) in Hackerspaces via c-base-life-support-system
Electronic Engineer, Activist, Hacker and Maker.
Sam is an electronic engineer, community organizer, civic media expert, and entrepreneur. He establishes technical infrastructure and social patterns that enable collaboration and participation, facilitates and inspires teams, and creates and promotes the use of civic media and disruptive technologies — from 3D printers to etherpads to apps for direct action. Sam is the co-founder Sukey.org, a platform to keep demonstrators safe, mobile, and informed. He founded OccupyLSX tech, is a key contributor to Cryptoparty, and has been known to go all-in on initiatives like Hurricane Hackers. A longtime member of the London Hackspace, Sam repairs and hacks everything he owns, and helps others become empowered by and involved with maker culture. He has a BEng with honors from Durham University, and is a member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- I joined London hackspace on 03/08/2010
- Read my blog here: http://samthetechie.blogspot.com/
- Look at my website: http://samthetechie.github.io/
Old project links here: User:samthetechie/archive