447 Hackney Road
Our new space, leased from Friday 15th March 2013, which we moved into on April 13th. At more than 6500 sq ft (600 m2) over two floors, it's nearly triple the size of our old space, and also includes a > 6000sqft dedicated yard with loading bay.
Even though we've now moved there's still lots to do! Here are some resources about the move: Hackspace Move. We need as much help as you can offer!
How to get there
447 Hackney Road, London E2 9DY
The front door on Hackney Road is protected by a roller shutter which is normally shut except for public events. Outside of these events, the main entrance to the space is through the back door on Emma Street. Come in through the big metal gate (if it's locked, the code is here). The rear door is locked with Doorbot - the reader is the black box next to the door.
- There is a cycle hire station around the corner on Pritchards Road, other stations on Regents Row near Broadway Market and Goldsmiths Row
- Local bus stops: 26, 48, 55 are right next to the entrance on Hackney Road. 55 connects with 205 or Northern Line to King's Cross. Mare St around the corner: 106, 254, others. The 394 bus to Angel and Homerton is a 2-minute walk away, at the other end of Pritchards Road. The 236 bus is at the end of Broadway Market, and leads to Shacklewell Lane/Kingsland Rd, just North of Dalston Junction.
- It's a 10-minute walk from Bethnal Green tube station, and around the corner from the Cambridge Heath National Rail station served by trains to/from Liverpool Street
- It's about a 15-minute walk or 5-minute cycle ride from Hoxton overground station. There are cycle hire stations at both ends of the way.
- There is a cash machine directly across the road by the Tesco.
- There is a post office sorting office behind the building on Emma Street
- Broadway Market and London Fields are a 5-minute walk away
- There is a cash and carry around the corner on Cambridge Heath Road
- There are many nice Pubs close by:
- Venetian Restaurant/Bar Ombra
- Brazilian Restaurant/Takeway 'Raizes' (on just-eat) Map
- The Canteen Cafe, can deliver to the space. We have a menu. Tgreer approves of the breakfasts.
- Kebab Time on Mare Street (fairly decent cheap chips)
- Broadway Fish Bar, nearest end of Broadway Market. Expensive, but decent (and has curry sauce!)
- Cafe Tres on Cambridge Heath Road (turning left at the end of Hackney Road) does good breakfasts.
- Vyner Street First Thursday Open studios every month in Vyner St for an arty farty party
- Apiary Studios Sound Studio and Event Venue
- Last Tuesday Society Lots of two headed dead things in glass boxes
- Daniel Lewis One Stop Metal Shop Bulk suppliers of steel, aluminium, etc. 2 mins walk away
- Pics from Russ/Jonty's first visit
- second visit
- Second visit - Sully's pictures (Mostly infrastructure related)
- Video - 16/01/2013