447 Hackney Road/Insulation
The plan to insulate the space for winter 2013:
- Fit draught strips to louvre windows, try to reduce draughts as much as possible.
- Box over top of rear roller shutter - there is approximately a 10cm gap between shutter and wall when the shutter is lowered.
- The Longest MDF sheets available are as long as the roller shutter is wide. Another alternative is to get a Hood/Cowling from a roller shutter company such as http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120233619742
- Install acrylic or polycarbonate sheeting to front windows
- Install insulating film on rear windows.
- Curtains for roller shutter (and maybe for rear windows?)