Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
These are good for sprinkling on things to make them tasty. Bacon powder is good on everything. I originally read of this idea at Serious Eats in the form of pepperoni powder for sprinkling on popcorn.
- Maltodextrin from ebay
- oily stuff
- bacon grease before it solidifies
- pepperoni grease
- cheese (heat until oil seeps out)
- butter (?)
- peanut butter
- put oily stuff into a bowl
- sprinkle in a little maltodextrin at a time and whisk it together (or in the case of more solid things like nutella, rub in)
- keep adding until clumpy
- rub through a sieve to fluff up
- store in airtight container
N.B.: If making savoury items, it's best to put in a pinch of table salt to counteract the (very very slight) sweetness of the maltodextrin. Besides, things like bacon and cheese should be a little salty...