Also known as Hestrin–Schramm medium. Used for growing Gluconacetobacter hansenii.
- Using a balance weigh out the following and transfer to a 1 litre screwcap bottle:
- 20g D-glucose
- 5g peptone
- 5g yeast extract
- 1.15g citrate
- 2.7g disodium phosphate
- (15g agar if making solid medium for plates)
- Half fill the bottle with water
- Mix until all the additives are dissolved
- Adjust to pH 6.0 using the pH meter and adding drops of NaOH
- Make up to 1 litre with water
1.15g citrate can be replaced with 25ml of lemon juice.