This page is old! For the continuing refurbishment of the space, see 447_Hackney_Road/Improvements
- 1 Simple tasks that you can do right now
- 2 Ground Floor
- 3 Basement
- 4 internets
- 5 Post Move
Simple tasks that you can do right now
- Clean under the windows
- Clean windows in
- The quiet room
The main area
- Fit the projector screen on the far classroom wall (opposite the door) needs brackets making (accurate welding + metal forming), also very heavy will need more then one person.
- Fit the skirting board in the quiet room
Tidy the quiet room into a quiet room rather than a bomb site - should wait for the network cables to be done.
Move books from the back room next to the back door to the bookshelves
- Move electronics gear from the back room to the electronics area
Fix lightbulbs in all the toilets
All are normal BC fittings, apart from tube over basin in shower
Clean the kitchen- could do with painting and more shelves
- Assemble all tables in the main room, and put them to one side, or in desk clusters
Empty the storage room next to the downstairs fire exit so we can store things in it. The blue foam can be put in the skip.
- Collect the downstairs wood-pile into one place out of the way
- Go through member boxes separating out boxes that are full of general equipment and do not belong to members, placing them on separate shelves that are clearly marked
Take up the remainder of the wooden floor downstairsON HOLD
Collect all the rubbish in the car-park and put it in the bin
Litter picker and binbag just by doorbot inside
Move the bins to the far end of the car park
- Clear the rubbish that has been shoved down the side of the wall in the car park (next to the front door)
- Replace the bulbs in the car-park floodlights - which ones, iirc they work? maybe you mean the loading bay?
- The one above the loading bay and the two to the left of it work according to sol, that leaves just the one to the right of the doorbot door. Talk of replacing it with a super-led thing?
Clear out and paint the entrance hall- carpet is a bit nasty.
- Paint the sign above the front entrance so it doesn't look horrible
- Make a london hackspace sign for the back gate
powerand network socketsin the new walls. Network sockets done and gigabit certified.
- finish new walls.
lift and fix broken bits of floor
will probably need the shelving removed
- finish a few trunking bits
- fit skirting board
fit access point to ceiling - needs to wait for paint to dry
paint walls - almost done!
- fit doors
wire up a doorbot and the doorbell and bellpush etc.
- more network sockets
- more power sockets
- clean under windows. - 1/4 done
run network to basement
fit access point.
- paint walls
- clean windows
replace damaged flooring
- need to re-attach skirting board.
Back door area
fix doorlock (please!).
- finish some trunking bits.
- needs cctv sorting first
finish boxing in doorbot.
- wire phone line to upstairs
- fire escape: fix vent, fit push bar.
Paint metal shop floor
Sand walls - Thursday
Paint walls - Thursday
Clad miniworkshop walls - Friday
Put up power/network trunking - Friday
- Place tools - Saturday
Place sockets/run cable - Saturday/Sunday
- Run extraction to tools
- Automate filtration
- Run plumbing to workshop sink/biolab
- power sockets
config an access point
clone config to other ap's
mount access points tidly
This is a list of things that arn't vital to the space function but need to get done
- LOTS OF TIDYING
- Install a hood over the roller shutter door so there's no gap to the outside at the top when closed
- Fit projector screen
- Fit projector
- Led board
Scrub paint from floors
- Led board
We need an ashtray for the yard
fit and fix the bandwidth meter- really needs more sockets and babbage being moved.
- v6 tunnel - will just use a&a now.
- A&A v6
- bufferbloat kernel and tuning
- bandwidth management of some kind.