Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
General space news
- The space now has almost 250 members and our financial situation continues to improve, however the average subscription level has of course fallen and we have yet to break even again on monthly outgoings.
- This Friday 18th Chris Mear is running another Git workshop from 19:00 onwards in the quiet room. 
- The weekly catchup meeting of the biohacking group will take place next Wednesday 23rd, topics include the building of some basic DIYBio infrastructure.
- Members are reminded about the correct usage of the mill, especially with regard to damaging the vice. There are some updated usage instructions which all users should refer to. 
- Following a power cut the PSU in Flowers (which controls the door system) failed - it has been replaced with an old Compaq machine for the time being. Plans to replace this with a lower powered solid state system are ongoing. 
- A pledge has been started for purchasing a plan chest which will be used to store sheet materials. 
- Just as the etch tank pledge was completed, Artag found one in an auction. This might be significantly cheaper. 
- The embargo on pledge funding is still in place, members with outstanding pledges are encouraged to fulfil them at their earliest convenience.
- Some of our members have submitted an entry to the Hackerspace Challenge, and are currently awaiting the results. 
- The server hardware auctions project has just listed the set of external hard drives on eBay, these auctions end on Sunday 20th.