Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
General space news
- Today, Wednesday 8th, we reached a member count of 300!
- Planning is underway for an open day on Sunday 31st July. 
- Adam has done some work sorting out things to be thrown out. 
- One of the keys to the hackspace has gone missing, please let us know if you have one and are not listed on the page. 
- Phil has posted a possible plan for moving Babbage and Lovelace once the new kitchen is complete. 
- Charles did some maintenance on the laser cutter and found that the optics had degraded. Replacement optics are on order, for now it is recommended to run your cuts at -1.5 speed. 
- The lab extractor bench that was installed in the new wet lab/dark room turns out not to be an extractor at all, there are plans to either re-purpose it or place it on eBay (for potentially £2,000). 
- There is some interest in getting equipment from the auction of a flight refuelling company.    
- This Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th is the second Gamejam.
- This Saturday 11th is the monthly lockpicking sport session from 15:00 to 18:00.
- Next Wednesday 15th is the weekly catch-up of the biohacking group from 19:30 to 20:30.
- The Nanode project had a very successful building weekend. There are some still left to be collected.        
- There is some discussion about the space possibly being given some servers to auction off. 
Recently added projects:
- No new projects this week.
- Please can members update their items in the SwapShop so that it can become more useful and also please date when you add something.
New items this week:
- No new items this week.
- There are plans for a combined soldering and openhack area at the Brighton Mini Maker Maire on September 3rd. 
- TINT are holding a weekend of artistic workshops titled "Unleashed" on June 25th and 26th. 
- Dorkcamp 2011 is to be held 18th-22nd August in the Lake District. Tickets are on sale now.