M0HSL APRS iGate/Digipeater
Because APRS coverage sucks in London, and this is a project which is nice and easy to kick off, but has lots of scope for doing ALL THE THINGS.
Current status: Raspberry pi with rtl-sdr installed in the shack, and connected to the X50 antenna on the shack roof (M0HSL-10 on aprs.fi)
Short term proposal: An Rx only igate based on a raspberry pi and an RTL-SDR, on loan from MatStace 2E0TPS until such time as it's no longer needed. Contact Mat if you need access to it for any reason.
Longer term things:
- Two way iGate and digipeater
- Weather/telemetry in the packets.
- Frequency (if there is someone operating the station)
- Add a short USB extension between Pi and RTL-SDR to remove mechanical stress
- Possibly add a short N-type -> SMA pigtail between antenna cable and rtl-sdr instead of solid adapter (shouldn't need it if above is done)
- See if RF filtering before rtl-sdr is necessary/beneficial - maybe broadcast FM band stop, or a VHF bandpass