Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
This is a project to improve our ability to have a decent coffee fix.
Minimum viable product: a decent cup of espresso.
Real aim: we should be able to get pretty reasonable milk & espresso based drinks.
- added a handle to the lid lid on top of the coffee machine - from an old coffee maker so it looks appropriate too
- the coffee machine isn't so reliable - probably because it gets limescale?
- we don't have a decent tamper for pressing down the coffee
- we don't have a decent grinder
- don't know where to get decent coffee
- not the right gear for doing milk stuff
- cleaning the area and the machine.
- not enough income
make or acquire a tamper
Coffee tamper's can be bought but that's probably cheating. Here's a design, maybe we can use a lathe?
make or acquire a grinder
grinders are important so this is where we have a definite challenge. Maybe we can find a cafe that's closing? Actually making a grinder needs very precise machining of two big lumps of metal.
improve coffee machine
We have a nice machine alreadyEquipment/Gaggia Coffee Machine but it maybe has minor problems.
it's difficult to put water in - need to stick a handle on the top- fixed - see above
- it seemed to get clogged up - probably limescale - need to clean & debug - someone did this.
improve coffee supply
- better instructions for where to buy?
- more visible Chthulu?
- Michael / majkl / started this
Everyone interested in helping / donating / pledging donations please either add yourself here or contact Michael
Where (to get good coffee)
- the coffee roasters (square mile coffee ?) on Emma Street ? -Recommended from the mailing list
- Neal's yard? - Used to be good.