This is a project to improve our ability to have a decent coffee fix.
Minimum viable product: a decent cup of espresso.
Real aim: we should be able to get pretty reasonable milk & espresso based drinks.
- added a handle to the lid lid on top of the coffee machine - from an old coffee maker so it looks appropriate too
- the coffee machine isn't so reliable - probably because it gets limescale?
- we don't have a decent tamper for pressing down the coffee
- we don't have a decent grinder
- don't know where to get decent coffee
- not the right gear for doing milk stuff
- cleaning the area and the machine.
- not enough income
make or acquire a tamper
Coffee tamper's can be bought but that's probably cheating. Here's a design, maybe we can use a lathe?
make or acquire a grinder
grinders are important so this is where we have a definite challenge. Maybe we can find a cafe that's closing? Actually making a grinder needs very precise machining of two big lumps of metal.
improve coffee machine
We have a nice machine alreadyEquipment/Gaggia Coffee Machine but it maybe has minor problems.
it's difficult to put water in - need to stick a handle on the top- fixed - see above
- it seemed to get clogged up - probably limescale - need to clean & debug - someone did this.
It looks as shown in the picture
improve coffee supply
- better instructions for where to buy?
- more visible Chthulu?
- Michael / majkl / started this
Everyone interested in helping / donating / pledging donations please either add yourself here or contact Michael
Where (to get good coffee)
- the coffee roasters (square mile coffee ?) on Emma Street ? -Recommended from the mailing list
- Neal's yard? - Used to be good.