Supplies Needed and Sources
- cinnamon "caviar"
- ??? More stuff to go into fancy cocktails!
- Mix sodium alginate powder into liquid slowly and gradually without forming clumps. (2g to 200-400ml liquid)
- Wait 10 minutes to thicken
- Mix up calcium chloride solution (500ml water to 5g calcium chloride)
- Fill syringe with sodium alginate goop and drip into calcium chloride bath from a height to encourage spherification. Stir solution gently to form balls
- Only leave the balls in the solution for 1-3minutes so they remain liquid inside. scoop out, rinse and place in un-alginated liquid (fruit juice or whatever). Should keep for 2-3 days (source: The Extraordinary Cookbook by Stefan Gates)