I have made, tested and installed this rig already. It all works, enjoy. Took about 3 hours. Yay!
To make an epic gaming and media hub ftw. But also to make better use of the gaming, audio, video hardware and our new abundance of space!
- Xbox hooked up to projector and amp
- Xbox Streams Audio from smb://lovelace/Music (should this change to babbage to save power??)
- The Xbox has an option to scrobble to Last.fm but authentication fails (last.fm dev attention pls :D)
- Xbox Streams Video from smb://lovelace/Videos (ditto??)
- Xbox Streams Pictures from smb://lovelace/Pictures (ditto??)
- Xbox has ~20 xbox video games (ROMS) installed on the local HDD.
- Audio and Video can be streamed from the internet, connect to ip_addy:port.
- PS2 hooked up to projector and amp for gaming and watching movies
- Plays DVD movies = mini cinema.
- Games: Guitar Hero + Tony Hawks something or other.
-The old workshop / dirty room.
Need you ask!? Hmph.
Connection Overview: Video
Connection Overview: Audio
Connection Overview: Power
Connection Overview: Ethernet
- Add more consoles with time.
- Maybe get a Nintendo wii in?
- Xbox 360 (there is one in the space but it has a red ring when it is plugged in- guess that is only because it has no video cable, any help with a cable from anyone?)
- Get a bigger component Video Splitter (e.g. 5 to 1) to help avoid unplugging. Note: we currently have a 3 to 1 3 inputs:(Vid=Yellow, Left=White, Right=Red), slide switch->(input1, input2, input3) and one output (Vid=Yellow, Left=White, Right=Red)
- Encapsulate / protect the consoles a bit better to protect them from beer spillage and generally being knocked.