A semi-organised, semi-regular group of London Hackspace members who enjoy, dabble or are intrigued in doing interesting things with sound.
Next meeting: Sunday March 6.
Approximately monthly on weekends.
Last gathering was on Sunday 30th Jan and involved some PureData discussion & demonstration, a bit of analogue noodling, controlling a Doepfer Dark Energy from Pd which was modulated by OSC messages sent over wi-fi from Junxion interpreting WiiMote motions (Rube Goldberg eat your ears out), and misc chat.
The Hackers & Their Proclivities
- Anthony - analogue & digital hardware, (semi-)modular madness, software implementations of DSP algorithms, ChucK hacks, music tech industry jadeness, cable wrangling, occasional DJ & techno/ambient/experimental producer, ranting about digital aliasing and zipper noise, music technology & techno musicology - http://lowbroweye.com
- PhilJones - unusual software instruments / music toys / http://www.gbloink.com
- Building a Leslie cabinet
- Circuit bending something
- Collaborating on some cool musical software
- Constructing something monstrous from miscellaneous bits of small equipment
- Sonification: making music from doorbot's logs, webcam output or similar?
- Repairing/renovating/revamping broken music tech
General Topics of Interest
- Sound art
- Knowledge sharing (synthesis, composition, production, experimentation, etc)
- Innovative control systems
- Making the sonic sum of gear more than the parts
- London Hackspace Soundcloud group
- London Hackspace Soundcloud dropbox for those who don't have/want a Soundcloud account
- STEIM (studio for electro instrumental music)
- ChucK - strongly-timed, concurrent, and on-the-fly audio programming language