Good news - we're almost open and on the move to Wembley! Ujima House is now currently under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to a new space.
Open for refurbishment in July 2018 to at least July 2020. The London Hackspace now has approximately 6000 square feet is (557.4 sq m) across the ground and first floors, giving us an opportunity to use space effectively for a variety of creative events and community activities. Please be respectful of the other building tenants in the building by sticking to our allocated space.
WE NEED YOUR HELP. Many hands make light work, and we welcome your help in painting, carrying, sweeping, cleaning, and putting the special touches on an amazing space.
Please visit the LHS Mega-Task Infrastructure spreadsheet to work on in the space.
Pictures from the refurbishment in 2007 are featured on the MDC Group website.
388 High Road
(Google Map Location)
Lat: 51.5539537 Long: -0.2920435
- What is the broadband availability at the place? Is there fibre already?
There is shared fiber broadband for the tenants of the building. Our Networking page has more details on this.
According to the SamKnows broadband checker, we can get BT Openreach FTTC and FTTP service but not cable-based broadband.
An example check with BT using the address for "Honeypot Nursery, Ujima House, 388 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AR" we see BT Infinity 2 (76Mbit/19Mbit up) is available. Honeypot Nursery formerly occupied the proposed LHS location and is about 350 feet from the LWWEM Wembley Exchange but may also get service from LWNWEM as well.
The London Hackspace is located on Wembley's busy High Road which is known to have a high bike theft rate. If you are planning to bring a bike it is recommended you lock it in the car park, for which we can provide access. Cable locks - even thick ones - are an invitation to bike thieves. It's safer to use a D-lock or separate lock and chain.
Please remember that the London Hackspace is a public environment, especially on Open Evenings, and you should exercise common sense in looking after and securing your valuables.
Our 24-hour automated keycard access is via the back door in the northwest corner of the building facing the car park. Front door access is still being determined while security systems are being joined together.
- There are several cashpoint/ATMs within two blocks west of Ujima House.
- Many restaurant and takeaway options nearby
- Many transport options nearby such as
- National Rail, London Overground and London Underground Stations: Wembley Stadium, Wembley Central, Wembley Park
- There are many nice Pubs close by:
- Thirsy Eddies - Closest pub to Ujima House. Mixed reviews online....
- JJ Moons - a Weatherspoon Pub - Closest 'Spoons to Ujima House.
- Green Man Hotel & Pub - low cost accommodations and pub with beer garden
- The Liquor Station - Upscale (compared to the others mentioned here) pub with many options - Go here after you've done the incubator pitch with investors ;-)
Many hotel options exist very close by with low-priced accommodations to luxurious environs. Don't sleep at the space when you can cheaply snooze nearby!
- Green Man Hotel & Pub - low cost accommodations (as mentioned) - 3 star
- St George's Hotel Wembley - 4 star
- Euro Hotel Wembley & bar - 2 star
- ibis London Wembley Hotel - 3 star
- Premier Inn London Wembley - 3 star
- Best Western Plus London Wembley - Hip budget lodging with Italian Dining - closest to Ujima House
Food and Shopping
- Dosa Express - Cash-Only South Indian Vegetarian Takeaway. Very good reviews.
- Fatburger - One of those delicious £6-10 burger types of places (vegetarian & non-beef options available)
- Gana Sri Lankan & South Indian Restaurant - Also good reviews (serving omnivores)
- Young's Peking - Chinese Restaurant
- Karahe Queen - Indian Restaurant
- Mushroom Italian Restaurant
- Cerbul Romanesc Romainian Restaurant
- Pizza Hut, Dominos, KFC all within 5 minute walk and McDonalds slightly further
- Tesco Express & Tesco Metro nearby
- Poundland There are two branches directly opposite each other so no need to cross the road to get your goodies.
- Sam's 99p Store
- London Scrap Cable - might be interesting to pick up bulk cable on its way to be recycled
- TK Maxx
- Wilko has DIY and other options
- Durga Timber Europe may be helpful for wood projects
- Tesco Metro, Tesco Express, and many other supermarkets
- CeX - Computer Exchange - used laptops, mobiles, and games
- EE / Three / Vodafone and all of the other independents all have retail presence on Wembley High Road
- Second Visit Picture Archive - Basic Unsorted Archive of Photos detailing Property
- Brent Council Real Estate Listing - Should be archived as it may disappear?