I'm ciborg, a profoundly deaf member of the London Hackspace. I've been a LHS member for 4 years and a trustee for 1 year so far. I’m passionate about technology, community and inclusiveness.
In my spare time I was a co-opted video communications consultant for a deaf charity for over a decade, and advised on leveraging the most out of technology, especially text and video relay communications.
I was also a technical volunteer / Games Maker working closely with Omega in the timing & scoring team during the London 2012 Paralympics. This truly opened my eyes to how a wider cross-section of society can participate - if there is sufficient access.
Personal interests include:
- Assistive technology for disabled people
- Media accessibility for disabled people
- Captioning / subtitling
- Rapid prototyping
- VJ'ing & producing material for VJ'ing
- Sound to light eyecandy / representing music visually
- Software automation via scripting
- eLearning authoring