Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
Hi, I'm Alexandre Coninx, aka Endy. EndyFourbe on IRC. endy at viletfourbe dot org by mail.
Stuff I want to do at the hackspace
- An air muscle powered exoskeleton
- Build my own laptop: Project:DIY_Laptop
- Some kind of spin-off: Project:Fuel_cell_laptop
- NFC hacking
- (More) beer brewing
Stuff I'm interested in
- Autonomous robotics, bioinspired artificial intelligence (well that's actually my job)
- Assistive robotics, exoskeletons, etc. (not much experience with this but want to explore) Wearable interfaces, too.
- Computer security in general
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- NFC and contactless technology
- Mind hacking and neurohacking (BMI and various applied psycho/neuroscience)
- Philosophy of mind, constructivism, transhumanism
- 3D printing and home fabbing (no real experience but want to learn/hack)
- Homebrewing and more generally cooking
Stuff I know about (and can give a hand / teach)
- Linux debian (10 years experience, not a professional sysadmin but can probably make about anything work)
- Networking (the whole tcp/ip/ethernet stuff, routing protocols, DNS system, etc.)
- Programming (Mostly C, C++, Python, PHP, Urbi)
- Machine learning, autonomous behaviors, bioinspired AI, sensorimotor theories. Some computer vision too
- Some electronics (OK with a soldering iron, already used a SMT placement machine & reflow oven a few times)
- Some computational neuroscience (if anyone cares)
- Beer brewing (not as good as our resident brewers)
- Some things on NFC/RFID hacking
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies (how they work, why you should be interested, how to use it safely)
Stuff I want to learn at the space
- Using the wonderful tools of the hackspace, especially
- Metal working tools
- 3D printer
- Laser cutter
- CAD and mechanical engineering in general
- Lockpicking ?
- Anything else that fits my interests or is useful for my projects, really