Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
To be formally proposed when I've finished my current printmaking project, and then built a small press.
- The basics
- Artistic rationale
- What a finished block & a finished print look like
- Other techniques - intaglio, drypoint, monotype
Preparing an image
- Basics of design for relief work (only covering monochrome here)
- Digital manipulation to turn photos into suitable designs, using GIMP/Inkscape
- Transferring the image to the block
- Introduction to carving tools
- Vinyl cut
- Laser cutter use
- Introduction to inks (including acrylic paint), tools & art paper
- Hand printing, with baren/spoon/stone/found objects
- Printing with a screw press
- Drying your work