Most of the day-to-day discussion about London Hackspace happens on our e-mail lists (most of which are hosted on Google Groups). If you want to ask a question, or get involved with Hackspace, this is the place to do it.
On a lot of our lists, your first post to the list will be held for human moderation in order to prevent spam, so don't worry if it doesn't appear immediately.
Our mailing lists are part of the public face of the Hackspace. Please make sure you understand the Code of Conduct before joining.
Most discussion happens on the main list, firstname.lastname@example.org. It's a very busy mailing list with several thousand subscribers, so think carefully before posting. If you're new to London Hackspace and want to ask a question, please read the mailing list FAQ first.
To subscribe without a Gmail account, visit http://groups.google.com/group/london-hack-space/subscribe (adjust this for the other Google Groups). You will need to use an incognito window if you are logged into a Gmail account but do not wish to use it with the mailing list.
- Please be polite. Our lists are public and we'd like them to be welcoming.
- Please keep politics/religion etc off the list as much as possible, we have a large number of readers of the list and we'd like the lists to be as on topic as possible
- Please be aware that certain topics keep coming up. Please check the FAQ and start with a Google search.
- If discussing something, focus on getting consensus, not catching people out. The noise level is already high, so read the full thread before replying, and don't just reply "me too".
Other mailing lists
- Infrastructure Used for discussion about modifications to Hackspace infrastructure when the main list is too busy.
- Textiles/Knitting/Sewing/Clothing discussion
- Music hardware/software/hacks
- Not Just Arduino - Arduino and microprocessors group.
- Graphics Hackspace Mailing List
- Video Hackspace Mailing List
- Amateur Radio
- Physics (high vacuum, voltage, radiation, etc.)
- London Hackspace Brewers Also see: Brewing
- Announcements (currently dormant)