Project maintained by teabot, contact via IRC
Initial project goals are to allow the setting of room scenes from a Java based API via the Rako Ethernet bridge. If this is successful the plan is to also implement features necessary to configure/program Rako devices in a similar manner to RakoSoft.
- 500w dimmer
- 7 button control panel
- Rako Ethernet bridge
- iPhone with Rako app
- Construct a minimal Rako system with one channel and an Ethernet bridge [Complete]
- Obtain connectivity between the bridge and the iPhone app and/or RakoSoft on a network that allows snooping [In progress]
- Monitor traffic between iPhone app/RakoSoft/Bridge Web UI to determine a suitable candidate for reverse engineering
- Reverse enginner protocol
- Implement the protocol with Java :-)
I have had a little snoop on the RakoSoft traffic and it appears non-trivial - darn...