Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
Boole is named after George Boole who was instrumental in differential equations and algebraic logic and ultimately leading to Boolean Algebra.
Boole is a 1U Intel Atom machine (Nexcom DNA1110) running pfSense 2.4. The original hard drive used during 447 Hackney Road was replaced with an SSD as it was dead and we also wanted a router with as few moving parts as possible.
Boole's purpose is providing routing and network uplink services via its four gigabit ethernet ports. It provides DNS, DHCP, and firewall services to the network.
- IP: 10.0.20.1
- DNS: boole.london.hackspace.org.uk
- Operating System: pfSense 2.4 (Latest)
- Access: Internal HTTPS & SSH (Infrastructure Team & Trustees) and externally via non-standard ssh port.
Boole is a Nexcom DNA1110 system with the following:
- Intel Atom D410 single core dual thread 1.66ghz processor
- 4 x 1Gigabit Intel 82853V Ethernet ports - One port for building-provided Internet, three ports for internal networking.
- 2GB of DDR2 667/800 Memory
- 120GB Western Digital Green SATA SSD
- Unused PCI Expansion Port
More information is kept in the Network section of this wiki.
Members of the Admins LDAP group should be able to log into the web interface. This is achieved by allowing LDAP as a login source, and creating a group on PFSense names 'Admins' (matches the LDAP group name exactly) with admin privileges.