Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
|Model||Asus P5WD2 Premium|
|Last updated||2 October 2018 11:38:20|
NOTE: This system has been retired.
- 2U rackmount server with 12 x 500GB 3.5" SATA drives.
- Debian 7
- Connected to Equipment/Cisco1 via port 35 & 36 in a 2 port LACP channel thing.
- Runs samba (workgroup 'LHS') and has 2 shares:
- space, which is read/write to everyone on the local network
- managed which contains useful things that are of interest to hackspace members.
- shares /home over nfs, currently used by lamarr at least.
According to [motherboard spec] it supports 4 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support max. 8GB DDR2 800/ 667/ 533 ECC and non-ECC memory
The working 1G stick was:
1GB Module - DDR2 800MHz
Part Number: KVR800D2N6/1G (Discontinued)
Specs: DDR2, 800MHz, Non-ECC, CL6, 1.8V, Unbuffered, DIMM,
- 4 of the drives are on the internal SATA ports
- 8 are on a HighPoint Technologies rocket raid 2680 via 2 SFF (?) cables
RocketRAID 2680SGL PCI-E to SAS Controller
Open source Linux drivers
Fetch sources from driver page on HighPoint website
Follow instructions on README
If kernel updates break the driver, the existing version of drivers can be rebuilt with:
Card should alway be jumpered for PCI-E 4x (J7 pins 2-3)
If the card is not being detected / ROM is not showing during POST, check jumper configuration