Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
|Last updated||27 October 2016 14:39:29|
|Location||Ground floor, main area, beside Tesla|
The Hackspace is currently in possession of several printers.
HP Colour Laserjet 5550N
This is a Black and White/Colour printer with its own Jetdirect network card allowing you to print to it over the network. It prints at 28 pages per minute and has separate built-in trays for A4 and A3 paper. It should not be connected to on the parallel or USB ports
- Toner Cartridges: Black (C9730A), Cyan (C9731A), Yellow (C9732A), Magenta (C9733A)
- Fuser Unit: Q3985A
- Image Transfer Unit: C9734B
- Location: Beside the desk with Tesla in the main area.
- Paper sizes: A4 & A3
- Type: Colour laser printer
- Static IP address allocated via DHCP: 172.31.24.45
- Status: Working
Driver: HP Laserjet 5550 driver comes with most operating systems. You can use a PCL or Postscript driver.
It's auto discoverable via mDNS from Mac OS, Windows 7, Linux and various other operating systems.
If you need to set it manually the hostname is hpclj5550 and the ip address is 172.31.24.45. It supports HP Raw printing, LPD and IPP via ipp://hpclj5550.lan.london.hackspace.org.uk:631/ipp
When setting a printer up manually configure it to connect to a printer over the network to the hostname "hpclj5550" or if necessary the IP address, then if prompted select HP Raw printing, LPD or ipp and then select HP Laserjet 5550 (PCL or Postscript) as the print driver.
- As of 27/10/2016 it has a major toner leak on any page it prints out and needs a serious clean. It is however sharp and legible but you get Magenta over the whole page.
The price per page to print with this printer is currently as follows
Please don't thrown them in the bin, we have now a simple process for this:
- use the already printed postage-paid forms you'll find on the office file shelf, under the sticker called "Recycling forms" (in the main room, on the left of Tesla)
- Use the new toner's box to recycle the old one and stick the postage-paid form on it. Then drop it to the post office
- Alternatively you can print your own forms on HP recycle's site here.
We also have many thermal receipt printers.
And a WASP WPL305E barcode printer thing.