Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
|When||Alternate Fridays, from 18:30|
|What||Talks and workshops on mathematical subjects|
The London MathSpace is a group which meets every other Friday to discuss mathematics. We host talks, problem-solving and programming events.
All our events are held at London Hackspace, 447 Hackney Road.
If you would like to do a talk or have any ideas for an event, please say so here or on our mailing list.
|Talks: Look at my awesome thing!|
|7 January 2016 at 18:30|
|Hosted by MathSpace|
|This event will be a "Show and Tell" evening. Please bring along something awesome so show to people, or come along and see the awesome things other people have brought.
Awesome things to look at will include a machine learning robot built from 304 matchboxes!
We will meet from around 6:30. There will probably be cake!
All talks listed here are provisional. If you would like to give a talk or suggest a non-talks event, please add it to a date here. For questions and discussion, use our mailing list.
|Name||Topic||Approximate length||Other details|
|Cameron||Decision making under uncertainty||15-20 mins||Models for how we make decisions under uncertainty, starting from Utility theory|
|(Your Name Here)||(Title)||(Length)||(What you will talk about)|
16 October 2015
- Probability theory as an extension of logic (Artiom Fiodorov)
- Why hot water can freeze faster than cold water (Olly Southwick)
18 September 2015
- Hyperbolic crochet workshop
04 September 2015
- MENACE (Matthew Scroggs)
- The Quest for General Articifial Intelligence (Recorded from CCC) (Luke Gotszling)
29 May 2015
15 May 2015
- How to Build a Propositional Logic Robot (Matthew Scroggs)
- Time Travel in General Relativity (Matthew Wright)
01 May 2015
03 April 2015
- UKMT Senior Team maths challenge (resources from regional final 2010/11)
20 March 2015
- Optimal Pac-Man (Matthew Scroggs)
- Games of Pursuit (Alex Bolton)
- Video Games Are Hard, But Some Are Harder Than Others (Linus Hamilton)
06 March 2015
- Blotto bot programming workshop.
20 Feb 2015
- Morality Metrics on the Iterated Prisoners Dilemma (Axel Wagner)
- The Fluid Dynamics of Chocolate fountains (Adam Townsend)
06 Feb 2015
- Project Euler maths and programming evening.
23 Jan 2015
- Folding Tube Maps (Matthew Scroggs)
- AI and Bots in Game Design (Martin Clarke) - slides
- Regime detection in multivariate stochastic processes (Alex Bolton)
09 Jan 2015
- Voting Theory (Alex Bolton) - slides
05 Dec 2014
- Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange (Axel Wagner) - slides
21 Nov 2014
- Braiding (Matthew Scroggs)
24 Oct 2014
- Flexagons (Matthew Scroggs) - Flexagon templates