Guides/Using the space
< GuidesJump to navigation Jump to search
Working carefully and treating tools with care in the short term means a nicer hackspace in the long term. When planning to use the space, please bear in mind the following points:
- If you need it done quickly, the hackspace may not be the best place. You may have to pay somebody in exchange for speed.
- Hackspace time is valuable, but if you cannot finish everything today, please accept that. Don't rush.
- Some things can't be done in the hackspace without abusing tools. Don't try! Keeping tools working is more important than finishing your project.
- Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for the hackspace.
- Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
- Budget time for cleanup. Don't work up until the moment you have to leave.
Check the Faceplant list.