Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
Guides/Using the space
Working carefully and treating tools with care in the short term means a nicer hackspace in the long term. When planning to use the space, please bear in mind the following points:
- If you need it done quickly, the hackspace may not be the best place. You may have to pay somebody in exchange for speed.
- Hackspace time is valuable, but if you cannot finish everything today, please accept that. Don't rush.
- Some things can't be done in the hackspace without abusing tools. Don't try! Keeping tools working is more important than finishing your project.
- Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency for the hackspace.
- Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
- Budget time for cleanup. Don't work up until the moment you have to leave.
Check the Faceplant list.