Infrastructure preparations are in full progress. At the moment we are mostly interested in skilled workers (carpentry, electrics, plumbing; but also drivers with vehicles), don't need many unskilled volunteers.
This will change as we approach the weekend of 13/14 April, which is a likely date for the actual move.
If you are looking for volunteers for tasks that aren't time critical: add a line at Hackspace_Move#Open_Tasks
Lots of stuff was moved, but: people got a little over-excited and didn't always stick to the wiki plan. Some stuff got moved that shouldn't have (e.g. laptops), whereas other things were left behind (e.g. pile of servers/network/comms kit.) And: things were left in random locations and needed to be moved around the next day by Paddy and others.
- it was excellent to have that wiki page as a discussion point _before_ the move, but ideally someone should have accompanied the team and enforced the wiki plan
- and: should always start such actions with a quick briefing to make sure everyone knows what's going on
The old office/counter on the ground floor was demolished. We received a first delivery: plasterboard, rock wool, etc. We're expecting 2x4s on Tuesday so we can build it, delivery time 8-11am.
Paddy, Steve, Chris, Charles etc will start setting up the walls on Tuesday, once everything has been delivered.
There are currently 2 plans, one for air removal to the outside and the roof, and one for internal filtration. The first plan will require a >£2000 licence to alter for us to implement.
The current choice is to go with filtration unless a licence to alter is required for other build out projects. Initial units have been delivered.
Whatever ventilation plan we end up with, we will also have point extraction at all fixed tools for dust extraction.
The lift is leaking. Tgreer cleaned up the mechanism, took readings, and replaced the bucket; he'll monitor it over the next few days.
It's fine to use for light loads, but DON'T USE THE LIFT FOR PEOPLE. We're not currently insured for this; chasing quotes atm.
Now at 447 Hackney Road/Power
The floor has mostly been stripped, we picked out panels we can reuse, the rest is stacked in the car park. There's an ongoing discussion whether we want to paint the cement floor. It may be too expensive, but without doing so there might be a dust issue.
Internet was ordered. The phone Line should go in on Wednesday. We're Getting 80/20 FTTC from Zen with a 1000Gb download limit - As always please use the internet in the space sensibly
We've got 6 802.11n access points on the way and will have a switch + poe injector in place over the next few days.
Doorbot was set up for some key people (infrastructure coordinators, trustees.) If you need access too, just ask. Some more work to do over the next days, including fixing a problem where the door doesn't close.
There will be three emergency exits, one of which serves both ground floor and basement.
We're chasing quotes.
- We're chasing quotes for a skip for the move, current best offer is ~£200.
- There's now a sofa and a few chairs, and a few tables.
- The fire escape downstairs needs to be covered to prevent leakage. The panels have been cut ready
- Charles set up the Makita Mitre chop saw downstairs. Misc other tools have been delivered, Chris/Hipster will bring them to 447 on Tuesday.
- Both floors have been swept but there is a certain amount of rubbish to be removed on the ground floor.
- We have a cricket ground.
- We need teaspoons.