MIG Welding Training
Training for the mig welder
This is now located at https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Welding_Training
Don't create training sessions yourself, they are announced on the mailing list when posted.
Signup for training sessions here.
Training will include;
- Identify the correct type of gas used for the welding approach you wish to use and know why that gas should be used.
- Identify which metals are safe to weld and which are hazardous to yourself and others
- Know how you may be electrocuted and how you may electrocute others
- What you need to know about pacemakers
- Fit/Change and remove gas cylinders
- Fit/Change MIG wire and get it through the hose to the torch
- Fit/Change/Clean appropriate sized tips
- Adjust the welding power, wire speed and gas flow to conditions suitable for the metal and thickness of joint you wish to weld
- Use safety equipment and fire extinguishers
- And finally - weld bits of metal together!
13.30 Sunday 8th october
- Insert NAME + Hackspace member no
- 2 Shaun Meehan (HS02208) (own mask)
09.00 Friday 1st September
- 1 Billy Smith HS00115
- 2 HS10145