Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
General space news
- Roshan asked for advice on setting up a space in Kolkata
- Ciaran nicely summarised all the pledges
- We may have a plumber for the kitchen. Anyone know any electricians?
- Jacob ordered some new drill bits
- Sci has loaned a metal folder and has brought the parts for the vacuum pump to the space
- Bob from 2600 donated a load of electronics and security stuff
- The Rage pledge has been completed and bought
- Billy was concerned that the laser cutter moves when the lid is up - this is perfectly normal, as long as it doesn't cut!
- The cutter does seem to have some issues with wobbles
- Sol replaced Coolbot with an arduino and Ethernet shield
- Will sorted through the existing desktops and attempted to combine them
- Steff offered a replacement for Babbage
- The Christmas buffet is tomorrow
- The last pubspace of the year is on Thursday 22nd December at the Southampton Arms
- Sue Black is visiting to discuss the Goto Foundation on 10th January
- The next Reverse Engineering day is on 21st January
- Christmas is on 25th December. The space isn't closing, but you may not be able to get access without a card.
A few people are maintaining a list of interesting events not at the hackspace, mostly in London. Feel free to add anything people might like to go to.
Please add a project page for anything here that doesn't have one
- Nanode has won the vote for Best Internet of Things award
Recently added projects:
- Jasper wondered whether Naxxfish's PBX project was still alive
- Akki offered some sessions on developing B&W film
- Yuan has made an order for a batch of low-cost relay boards
- Abby wants to build a pulsejet
- Please can members update their items in the SwapShop so that it can become more useful and also please date when you add something.
New items this week:
- No new items this week.
TimS found a USB stick