Not Just Arduino Event 18
Not Just Arduino 1st July
- Update on Laser tag game project by Paul. A multiplayer game of laser tag, utilising infra red transmitters and receivers (think TV remote control), water pistols (gutted and internals replaced with electronics...and lasers.)
- Cycle Sound by Joao. A very impressive bike full or sensors for producing music while cycling. A few pics here.
- Martin Berends requested ideas for a future DS18B20 based Temperature Logger and there were many good suggestions.
HACKED is a free-to-attend, intense weekend of learning, building and sharing cool stuff. Whether you are an expert or novice, developer or designer, join us July 20th & 21st at The O2
- OHM July 31st – August 4th 2013. Geestmerambacht, The Netherlands. The next in a series of camps that have been happening every four years since 1989
- This Saturday: 1st London Mini Maker Faire
- Join us on Github: Not Just Arduino to centralise documentation about all NJA projects. For some reason on GitHub all users can't request to join a group but have to be added by a owner, so please send us your username! Then you'll be able to add your repos and code! Tell us if you need help.
- Lear how to use this wiki! If you need help ask Marc. Documentation is available here.
- Document your project! Here is a good example
- Follow us on twitter
- Join the Flickr group
- And don't forget our mailing list: Not Just Arduino
Simple or inspiring projects, add yours in the comments section.
The project is called Pocket Spacecraft, and exactly as its name implies, it allows you to send a small, flat, 8 cm diameter spacecraft to the surface of the moon.
CodeBlocks Arduino IDE is a customized distribution of the open-source Code::Blocks IDE enhanced for Arduino development.
- Android in a Web of Things: NFC, Barcodes, Arduino and the Cloud (podcast, slides)
There are a growing number of arduino projects out there that get underwater - either in lakes or the sea. I'm curious to compile a list of more of them to see if there are some general tipes, techniques, etc.
A RaspberryPi based machine that uses a DC gearmotor, servo, LCD and webcam to dispense dog treats! In return, When an email is received, the Python script tells the Raspberry Pi to take a picture which Python then emails back as a thank you!
Great blog on electronics tinkering with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, mBed, AVR and various robots
Capture the exact moment when a drop splashes on water and to catch a balloon when it has just busted. We rigged up a Light Dependent Resistor, a laser and a microphone to an Arduino and programmed it to pick up variation in light and sound peaks to trigger the photography flashes. Then we went in a dark room, set up the camera in "bulb" mode and let the flashes do the work.
"Since there is no lib to directly connect the Leapmotion to the Arduino, I used node.js to connect to the websocket server that streams the Leapmotion data and the johnny-five node.js lib to control the Arduino and the servos. You can see the source code here: github.com/xseignard/leapLamp"
In a robot lab at TEDGlobal, Raffaello D'Andrea demos his flying quadcopters: robots that think like athletes, solving physical problems with algorithms that help them learn.
"Improve your visibility with style! Mod up this bike helmet with LED strip, a FLORA GPS, and find your way to the nearest Citi Bike station with ease. We used a Carrera foldable helmet, which has grooves between the protection, perfect for NeoPixel strip."
Conversations on mailing list
Add you comments here or in the NJA mailing list
Hope to see you all on Monday 15th July 7PM