Project:UK Hack Camp/Minutes/2011-12-19
Minutes 2011-12-19 20:41:57
Site Search Updates
We want to make a decision by 30 January. We have a few sites we can visit shortly. Let's not be complacent and keep contacting the remaining sites. Also still interested in more suggestions we haven't considered yet.
New site score: 3/8/2 (yes/unknown/no.)
Interested candidate sites:
- Donnington (sometime after 4 Jan, Jasper is going)
- Debden House ("come and visit sometime Mo-Fr", Paul2 can't go before Christmas, others welcome to take over)
- Long Marston Airfield (week of 16 Jan, excluding 17th. Beeny will go, Martin/crypt is interested in joining. Russ suggests we should try visiting earlier, or at least check the questions below sooner.)
Main questions we want to ask:
- cost (for 7 days)
- deposit requirements
- available dates (see minutes from first meeting)
- any existing Internet available?
- site photos
Point out that:
- we're a non-profit, and very nice people
Have a look at Site Requirements if you end up having more time for questions, these will be interesting to know but aren't strictly needed yet.
- Mersey youth camp (Martin crypt): will hear back on 1 Jan
- Charvil (Martin crypt) - not responded after three phone calls
- Observatory science centre (jonty) -- gone. Only one event allowed per year.
- Upper Heyford (jonty) -- don't know status. Beenie said he would take over.
- Bovington (Paul) -- said no.
- Hainult (Mark) -- ?
- Whitchurch (mark) -- ?
- Newbury West (martind, handing over to Martin/crypt) -- no response
- Matterley (Charles) -- ?
- Tolmers Camp Site (Alec) -- ?
- Jasper to call Ruckus
- Russ to publish first google form to gauge community interest
- Paul2 to make quick site status table
- Martin: post minutes, and remind people that we're interested in more venue suggestions
- Beenie, Mark, Charles, Alecjs: update on venue statuses
We expect until we have a site there won't be that much work to distribute just yet.
- Mo 26 Dec 2011 (boxing day), 8pm on IRC.
- Agenda: Recap tasks and site statuses. More venue suggestions?
- Mo 2 Jan 2012 (New year's bank holiday?) at Mason & Taylor