Space Organising Day
A semi-regular event where we take some time off from all the busy hacking on projects and hack the space instead. A chance to clean up the mess, reorganise how we store our tools and materials, optimise the space layout, restock consumables, and throw out things that aren't useful to anyone.
- Making plans for Space Organising Day this Saturday, 16 July
- Next Space Organising Day on Saturday, 16 July
- Reminder: space organisation day coming up, label & store your projects-in-progress.
- The first spare organisation day Archive:Events/Space_Extension_Party/Planning#Preparation
Next one: Saturday 16 July, 11am-midnight (two weekends before the next open day.)
Provisioning for the cleaning itself:
- Pan scrubbers, abrasive cleaner for sinks (esp. unit 23)
- Ensure battery-powered drills are charged
Want to help out and looking for something to do? This is a fairly complete list of suggestions for smaller chunks of work.
- Assessing the state of consumables, see also: Components. Esp:
- Fixing and fittings: screws etc
- Electronics components
- Kitchen roll, toilet paper, laundry
- Assessing the state of tools
- Improving the use of storage
- Misc boxes in unit 23
- Tools racking
- Making better space documentation
- Creating a map of storage areas
- Improving the labelling of tools & storage areas, clean instructions on waste disposal
- Cleaning. See also: Chores.
Larger work should be planned well and could already start before the day. Any bigger changes need to be discussed on the infrastructure mailing list first. There's a list of ongoing infrastructure projects: Infrastructure.
Planned for the day:
- Carpet fitting - roberthl has this in hand
- hardware procured - carpet will be fitted during/after organising day (phil, artag et al)
- Kitchen flooring - Phil and Russ are coordinating