There are 2 ultimakers currently on loan from "robots for good" project. They are available for use by members under the acnode system. Given the high cost and delicate nature of this equipment training is available to members who have already been inducted for the lulzbot, or have demonstrable previous experience with Ultimaker 3d print hardware.
|Ultimakers 1 & 2|
|Status||Good working order|
|Location||Robotics Area, basement|
|Maintainers||Rich, Tolland, Chris?, Ian?|
ACNode is in operation on the Ultimaker-1, the ultimaker-2 is not yet commissioned. In order for your existing training to be approved on ACNode, you must run through a refresher session to ensure you are upto date (ACNode procedures, Octoprint procedures).
If you have been trained previously and need approved on ACNode, contact the maintainers to be added to the acnode.
Specification & documentation
- Print speed: 30 mm/s - 300 mm/s
- Travel speed: 30 mm/s - 300 mm/s
- Precision: 12.5 / 12.5 / 5 micron
- Nozzle temperature: 180 - 260 °C
- Heated bed temperature: 50 - 100 °C
Use of filament will be covered in the training.
Filament options (3.0mm)
- ABS (lego brick plastic - prints at 190-230 DegC, requires heated bed at 100-110 DegC)
- PLA (biodegradable , based on food starch - prints at 185-190 DegC, optional heated bed, not hotter than 60 DegC)