|Ultimakers 1 & 2|
|Status||Good working order|
|Last updated||3 May 2016 09:08:32|
|Location||Robotics Area, basement|
|Maintainers||Rich, Tolland, Chris|
ACNode is in operation on the Ultimaker-1, the ultimaker-2 is not yet commissioned. In order for your existing training to be approved on ACNode, you must run through a refresher session to ensure you are upto date (ACNode procedures, Octoprint procedures).
If you have been trained previously and need approved on ACNode, contact the maintainers to be added to the acnode.
Specification & documentation
- Usable Print Area: 200mm x 190mm x 100mm (7.9in x 7.5in x 3.9in)
- Top Print Speed: 200mm/sec (7.9in/sec)
- Print Tolerance: 0.2mm (0.008in) in X and Y axes. Z axis is dependent on layer thickness
- Layer Thickness: 0.15mm (0.0029in) to 0.35mm (0.029in)
- Supported Materials: ABS and PLA plastic filaments
- Usable Filament Sizes: standard 3mm (0.1in)
Only filament provided by the maintainers can be used in the Ultimakers. This is to prevent any issues with poor quality filament. If we're running low on filament (or tape), ro recommended alternative providers, let them know (via the mailing list).
Filament options (3.0mm)
- ABS (lego brick plastic - prints at 190-230 DegC, requires heated bed at 100-110 DegC)
- PLA (biodegradable , based on food starch - prints at 185-190 DegC, optional heated bed, not hotter than 60 DegC)
- There are other 'specialist' filament, like wood effect, stone effect, nylon (can be coloured by clothes dye), etc