How to Join London Hackspace
There are a few things that you need to do in order to join London Hackspace
- Sign up on the main website
- This will give you your membership number
- Set up your payments
- You can do this via standing order or by taking cash into the bank every month. Either way, your membership number must be the payment reference. The minimum donation is £5 per month and the recommended donation is £15 or over. Basically, whatever you can afford or feel the space is worth.
- Await confirmation
- Approximately 24 hours after your first payment clears, you will receive your welcome email. Congratulations, you are officially an LHS member!
- Set up your access card
- This can be pretty much anything that contains an RFID chip, such as an oyster card or credit card. You can also get RFID labels and stick them to something. Swipe it on the membership kiosk, by the library, and follow the on-screen instructions. Once completed, you will be able to come into London Hackspace any time you like - even 3am on Christmas day. If you really want to. If you don't have a suitable RFID card we have a few in keyring form for sale for £1.50, ask around on a Tuesday night.
- Join the mailing list
- The mailing list is where pretty much all discussions happen. If you need help, want to store something or find something is broken, post it here. Keep an eye on it and you will quickly become part of the community - you might not want every email to go to your inbox though, as there are sometimes 100+ emails a day. It's hosted on Google Groups
- Join the Wiki
- Join the IRC
- Jump in!
- London Hackspace is a community driven organisation, so the more you put in, the more you'll get out!