Good news - we're open for limited services in Wembley. Ujima House is now actively under refurbishment and we'd love your help in making the space the best it can be.
During this interim period donations and continued membership are greatly appreciated while we transition to our new space.
General space news
- Gadget Geeks, starring two of our members, Charles and Tom, shows tonight at 8:00pm. We'll be discussing it in the quiet room this evening.
- This is the last news before UK Hack Camp decides on a venue
- Tom Mudd donated some panels of the sort used in the giant Piccadilly Circus sign. They're amazingly bright, so we're getting rid of the jumbotrons to make space.
- There is a new (smaller) frame for sand casting with the forge as well as new half granite/half foundry sand work surface
- Tom Wyatt has made a washing up alarm for the sink in unit 24 (details)
- Solexious upgraded Coolbot
- Babbage is now on Ubuntu Lucid (LTS)
- Billy made the new endplate for the lathe
- The laser cutter case was dented, but it's been straightened out. Please email the list if you damage anything.
- Radio Hack Evening on Wednesday 18th
- The latest Reverse Engineering day is on Saturday 21st (we'll be including the signs this time)
A few people are maintaining a list of interesting events not at the hackspace, mostly in London. Feel free to add anything people might like to go to.
- CyberScience conference 16-18 February
- The Beast is off for a jaunt around London in February
Please add a project page for anything here that doesn't have one
Recently added projects:
- Tom made a washing up alarm
- Please can members update their items in the SwapShop so that it can become more useful and also please date when you add something.
New items this week:
- video projector
- digital white board large
- free standing ~A2 laminator machine
Needs pick-up from South London
- Mountain bike (already in the space)